• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

guys with bd kits ect

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
what would you want to change or that you did change, like muffler something that made it spool faster things like that ect.

D

DRAPE

Feb 19, 2008
NSL UT
I wouldn't change a thing. Runs flawless -no problems. The only thing I'm changing this year is I'm adding EBC

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
EBC??? what is this,

what about airfilter outside of the hood or bigger downpipe, external wastegate

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
EBC would be the Electronic boost control that BD has developed for the new kits. Available as an upgrade to your old kit.

Personnally I'm looking to do a few things to enhance my system this year. Cold air intakes to both the turbo and the IC. And adding a Muffler, which I might fab up myself.

I'm also looking into adding nitrous controled by TPS and RPM to get on boost REALLY fast. ie, add nitrous to it at 85% or greater TPS and below 7500 RPM. so when I want POWER NOW I can have it. This is not to "reduce lag" it is to build power instantly. Take it from below 7500 RPM to on boost and above 7500 in a second not 3. Same concept as doing it on a NA motor, just more.

D

DRAPE

Feb 19, 2008
NSL UT
EBC would be the Electronic boost control that BD has developed for the new kits. Available as an upgrade to your old kit.

Personnally I'm looking to do a few things to enhance my system this year. Cold air intakes to both the turbo and the IC. And adding a Muffler, which I might fab up myself.

I'm also looking into adding nitrous controled by TPS and RPM to get on boost REALLY fast. ie, add nitrous to it at 85% or greater TPS and below 7500 RPM. so when I want POWER NOW I can have it. This is not to "reduce lag" it is to build power instantly. Take it from below 7500 RPM to on boost and above 7500 in a second not 3. Same concept as doing it on a NA motor, just more.

Very interested to see your cold air intake idea. Keep us posted.

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
I'll get some pics up when I get to work on it, Basicly going to be a modified BRtech Thrasher hood, ABS is easy to work with. I plan on making ducts to direct air directly to the turbo and the IC.

IQ?

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Vilhelmina,Sweden
www.facebook.com
:DMy plans:
Muffler is a must if you dont have tunnel dump.
i have one of the first race gas kits that was availiable and its super loud...my friends hate me and my ears are ringing...
I will snorkel the intake to the turbo to outside the hood-No more
hot intake air.

The rest is history-2 stroke turbo rocks...
ill never forget in january -08 when we test rode the first D8T
we built.112 Octane and a little to high boost recall was 14.1 psi
:beer;

Ed

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
yeah i think iam going to go with silber turbos hes always answerd my questions and i talked to him on the phone yesterday told me some info that really impressed me iam going with him thanks for the help justin

Premium Features