• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Colorado guiding service

A
Good day!

I am located in the Northwest section of Colorado. I am trying to start a new and affordable service. My goal is to show clients good snow and terrain, keep you safe and off the trail, but yet still be able to get back home in one piece. I have an expansive knowledge of Rabbit Ears Pass, Buffalo Pass, Buffalo Park, Gore Pass, California Park and the very large area north of Steamboat Lake Outfitters.

I am certified in CPR/First Aid. I am trained in avalanche safety and will be taking a refresher course with Mike Duffy (avalanche expert for SNOWMOBILE users) this coming week.

I have the equipment and devices to help ease your mind. I use SPOT, GPS and carry a mobile phone. If things go as I hope I will be getting a satellite phone.

I have negotiated "special" rates for the nearest and affordable lodging. Both Inns are modern and very nice. The newest being 1 year old this December. Here are the links:

http://www.allingtoninn.com/

http://www.cliffsideinnkremmling.net/

I have also negotiated discount rates with 5 Star Rentals in Granby, Colorado. They offer a fleet of 2009 Ski-Doo XP (154) and two 2009 Arctic Cat M8s. I have also struck a deal with a local dealer who carries Yamaha, Ski-Doo and Polaris to provide emergency after-hours parts if the need such arises.

As it stands right now, my rates will be $100 per person, per day. I have done research and find this to be reasonable. Rates may be changed if it is a large group as the amount of work involved will increase. I have led groups as large as 15 and there were no injuries or lost riders. I will ask the group what they are comfortable with as far as terrain and I will choose a route that will challenge you but be within your capabilities.

If all goes well during the winter months I will be offering the same services for ATVs and Dirtbikes. Thank you and have a great day.

If you have any questions, please direct them to altitudesnowandohv@q.com

Premium Features