• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Revelstoke '10 ~ What is required for trip from US side?

C
Dec 5, 2001
Colorado Springs, CO
Thinking of bringing a group up, anyone have experience with what is required in general, do all sleds have to display VIN's on the tunnel's; border crossing necessities, sled registrations or insurance needed in BC or do the US versions suffice, things like that? Thanks. Derek

Transporter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
I would say give a quick call to the border crossing and ask them for border issues and for riding you should have insurance and registration.

Last edited:
H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
In the process of figuring this out as well. I believe Nikolai and i will be down for Yamafest along with a few others and I wanted to figure it out all now so theres no surprises when we get there. So, any and all info appreciated, links to places or info are nice.

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
Passports are now required (or the passport drivers license if your state has them).

Sleds and trailer must be licensed and have the registrations with you at the border (if they ask for it).

Join the Revelstoke Snowmobile Club if you will be riding multiple days...this will save you $ on the daily trail pass fee...and support a great club.

I dont know anyone from the states who has ever registered in Canada (not even sure if you can if not a resident).

As for insurance...call your insurance agent...they will have the answers (we've never had to make any changes...but we carry full coverage on the truck and trailer).

At the border...dont be a smart a$$ or a comedian. Answer the questions honestly and you wont have a problem. If you lip off to the agent, they can make your crossing a nightmare.

Have your passports and registrations ready...make their job easier and act like this isn't your first rodeo.

Also, if your cellphone carrier has a "North America" option, change over on the day you leave, and change back when you return (verizon allows this twice in each billing period).

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
There you have it. Thanks Brent:beer;
Come on up......(or down for hy and nik):) Enjoy some of the best terrain and snow in the world:D....support a fantastic club and group with memories to last a lifetime:beer;:beer;
RS

M
Jan 14, 2004
One other rumour I heard and I don't know for sure if it's true, but apparently BC is bringing in a law (or has already brought it in)requiring brakes on all trailers over 2000lbs total weight. One other thing is don't bring a 1/2 ton pickup with a deck cause you'll end up at the side of the road unloading your sleds (I've seen it), 3/4 ton minimum.

M5

andre162

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2008
northern california
Bring all the paper work that you may think you need and be prepaired to have someone go through all of you stuff and the just throw it back in you trailer and truck. I have never met a more rude group of people in my life. Even after all of that it was one of the best trips of my life... I am ready to go through it all again. Once you get through the border everyone you meet will be great and the riding is the best i have ever seen...

Premium Features