• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

03 summit 700 clutch questions

C
Aug 28, 2008
North Central MN
i am putting this sled back together. went to put the primary back on. what i am wondering is i never pulled the shaft and fixed sheave off the crank. so, the movable sheave has 3 arrows on it. one for the gov cup, the sheave, and the spring cap. all 3 have to be aligned to go back together right. now, is there another arrow on the fixed sheave that i have to line the movable one up to?

also, went to put the secondary clutch back on. shouldn't there be a big spacer that goes between the end of the shaft and the head of the bolt? i must be thinking cat here. because i know cats have a spacer right when you take the bolt out. i looked on a microfiche but couldn't tell.

G

Get Lucky

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 27, 2007
Zimmerman,MN
Most primary clutches have a notch or an X but not all do.

as for the secondy some poeple buy a spacer and put it in so the clutches self aline but from the factory I belive there was no spacer in the secondary

Get Lucky

S
there should be a small notch on the backside (facing the engine) of the primary stationary sheave.the secondary clutch on the zx's weren't designed to "float" like the s chassis (or cats) so they didn't have the spacer inside the hub of the clutch.on a side note they do have washers that space the clutch away from the bearing/support behind the clutch on the bulkhead...if ya don't put them back in when the clutch shifts to the full-out position it'll saw through the retaining bolts (screws) for the big bushing and really screw up your day of riding (don't ask how i know-just trust me:eek:)

Premium Features