• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 Fusion Problems

P
Sep 30, 2009
I have a 2005 Polaris Fusion 900. Last year while riding I had it not start for me a couple of different times. It would be running fine all day and then I would kill it at a gas or food stop or something and then it would not start. I would pull and pull and it wouldn't fire. I tried putting a little gas in the cylinders and that wouldn't do the trick. We ended up waiting for a while and one time it just magically started up and ran fine. The other time it happened, we started towing it back to the truck and stopped after about 5 miles and tried it again and it magically fired up and ran perfect again. I thought maybe vapor lock but would this sled vapor lock? Maybe electrical? Stator or TPS? Any ideas?? I want to get it squared away before this upcoming riding season.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
My first guess would be a bad stator, sometimes they can act up when they get hot and then they wont do anything till they cool down. That would be the first thing I would think to check...

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I have a 2005 Polaris Fusion 900. Last year while riding I had it not start for me a couple of different times. It would be running fine all day and then I would kill it at a gas or food stop or something and then it would not start. I would pull and pull and it wouldn't fire. I tried putting a little gas in the cylinders and that wouldn't do the trick. We ended up waiting for a while and one time it just magically started up and ran fine. The other time it happened, we started towing it back to the truck and stopped after about 5 miles and tried it again and it magically fired up and ran perfect again. I thought maybe vapor lock but would this sled vapor lock? Maybe electrical? Stator or TPS? Any ideas?? I want to get it squared away before this upcoming riding season.

Welcome to the site.

Your story is common with a 900 Polaris sled.

First I would read up on all the adverse situations with this sled in the link below:

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112723

Second it could be many things like ... a temporary clog in the fuel filter ($20), a short in a sensor, a wire short some where.

It could be simple like a bad capacitor or loose / corroded wire.

If you jiggle wires around and you can't replicate the problem ... look at what a Polaris diagostic machine reads. Then look at specific wire component shorts AND the wires to each system for rubbing shorts.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
My first guess would be a bad stator, sometimes they can act up when they get hot and then they wont do anything till they cool down. That would be the first thing I would think to check...

Yep ... this is a very valid statement.

On your next post .... get get more people to respond and help I suggest you advise us as to what was read on this site and checked on the sled.

P
Sep 30, 2009
Thanks guys. My sleds are still being stored. I will be getting them out in the next month or so. I just was thinking about it and wanted to get a head start and fixing the problem. I will certainly let you know when the problem is fixed and what it ended up being. I appreciate it.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Thanks guys. My sleds are still being stored. I will be getting them out in the next month or so. I just was thinking about it and wanted to get a head start and fixing the problem. I will certainly let you know when the problem is fixed and what it ended up being. I appreciate it.

You are welcome.

Just letting you know ... this forum gets a "new member" 900 question at least weekly on average. (Long time members on the forum first want you to read everything on here before asking questions ... which will take a month)Probably more than once a week but there is much much much discussion on this forum about the 900.

M

MacDawg productions

Sep 5, 2008
Van Isle, British Columbia
You are welcome.

Just letting you know ... this forum gets a "new member" 900 question at least weekly on average. (Long time members on the forum first want you to read everything on here before asking questions ... which will take a month)Probably more than once a week but there is much much much discussion on this forum about the 900.

Don is correct. I'm a pretty new member to the tribe of 900 wrenchers. Amazing machines but just need a little help to get there and stay there. I've learned an amazing amount on here, just by reading everyones posts and problems. Even if I never had that symptom or issue, I read about it, just to learn as much as I could about my machine. I never posted my first add ( not sure if this is yours)until after a few months of heavy addiction to this site. You can search most problems without even asking, not that it hurts to post a question, because that's how you learn. But most guys on here have already gone through the same issue. That's what's nice about this site. It rocks!! Good luck, and have fun bro!! :beer;

Premium Features