• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP snowflap issues

Thread Rating
1.00 star(s)
T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
So what are my options for the XP snowflap dilemma?? I did the shortened flap thing but it is just so fricken stiff. It definatly causes some issues because the sled tail turns better with no flap. Mine is all broken up now too.

So, I think I saw Big John post something about using the race sled tail light and any snow flap??

Has anyone just cut the stock flap off the tail light mount and used a regular rubber flap??

Thanks!!

Jake

S
Aug 31, 2008
Elborate for me please, how does the tail turn better with no flap? Do you mean in deep pow when the flap is in the snow? I'll prolly get flammed for this but I always liked the polaris dragon flap I had, sticks far enough out to not get in the way and is still quite flexible. What about a rubber semi truck mud flap with a big chrome lady on it:D

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Elborate for me please, how does the tail turn better with no flap? Do you mean in deep pow when the flap is in the snow? I'll prolly get flammed for this but I always liked the polaris dragon flap I had, sticks far enough out to not get in the way and is still quite flexible. What about a rubber semi truck mud flap with a big chrome lady on it:D

Might as well hang one of those nut sacks off the bumber while you are at it:)

L
I installed the "tame" modsrods flap on my sled. I removed the entire plastic taillight assembly and installed the VMI rack and taillight combo - I did have to make a custom SS cover to hide the rear of the tunnel, but it didn't take too long to do. Worked great last year compared to the stock setup on my '08, very flexible (and nice and short). the only concern I had with it was the canvas material on the inside seemed to have snow stick to it on wetter condition days.

See attached picture.

snowflap.jpg

S
Nov 14, 2008
calgary
I'm thinking of getting a LED tail light and runnin a flap of a 09 tundra 300...

The stock flap is a steaming pile of crapola, even after you trim to the line, it still rips from both sides at the end of the tunnel and then falls off, If anybody finds one a Quartz creek it's mine OK :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features