• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 King cat air box

J

jakim

Sep 23, 2009
Can the air box be removed and a pod filter system be installed on an efi 05. Sled is completly bone stock. If so who sells the pods.
Thanks

W
Jun 6, 2009
C.Falls Mt.
I'm sure you can. I had a set of k&n's on a arctic cat 800 mtn cat. I put the stock box back because the powder would plug them up. I didn't have the prefilters on them though.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Consider not doing that.........

I don't believe any under hood air is good. Moisture can make slides freeze and warm air just robs horse power. The best thing is a snorkel thru the left side speedo hole.

Owen

turboDS1300

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
SLP also makes a cold air intake with an airbox top and an aluminum plate with about 7 1-1/2 inch holes in it to pull from the top of the hood between the steering post and the gauges. That has worked well for me with no bogging.

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
i run filterpods with prefilters and havent had a problem with them, key is good ventilation. i never noticed any horsepower drop and my EGTs stayed the same when even after i switched to pods. plus they are lighter and more room to work on stuff.

just my .02

Premium Features