• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Muffpot on XP

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Anyone use the muffpot on an XP? If so where do you mount it? This should be worthy of several smart azz comments:)

I bought a muffpot but don't have my sled out of storage yet so looking for ideas early.

S
Sep 15, 2008
I usually drop em off at the place with the shiny pole in the morning so they can go back to work while i sled all day. No point taking em with ya. Lol works in revy and golden anyways

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
dootalk http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=235327&hl=muff+pot

jjjjjj.jpg

giddyup

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
deer valley sask.
hotdogger

i put a hotdogger on because i had one wish it was made out of stainless. i mounted it closer to the motor than in the pic's and i cut a couple of round holes in the cover and the insulation, works good if you hard on it, if your just crusing around looking for a spot for lunch. i usually have appitizers in it, garlic shrimp etc. works good

pauly-doo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
SILVER STAR,MT
Muff pot

I HAVE A LIGHT WEIGHT CAN ON MY XP AND I MOUNTED THE MUFF POT ON THE FRONT SIDE OF IT..I ALSO USE A T-CLAMP OR TURBO CLAMP INSTEAD OF THE CHEAP HOSE CLAMPS THEY SEND YOU..THE ARE WAY STRONGER AND YOU CAN TIGHTEN THEM A LOT MORE..I ALSO PUT MY FOOD IN AN OVEN BAG(THEY ARE MADE FOR COOKING CHICKEN IN THE OVEN)THE FOOD WON"T BURN LIKE IN TIN FOIL and it isn'T NEAR AS MESSY...THE MEDIEUM BAGS WORK THE BEST...JALEPENO AND CHEESE KABASA...WASHED DOWN WITH A BEER OR TWO....GOOD STUFF..

Y
Nov 11, 2008
Calgary
I mounted mine a little more out in the open. Figured I'll be in and out of it a couple times a day and don't want to have to remove the belt or burn myself on the pipe getting the pot out.

I also removed a 3"x3" square of insulation directly under the pot, leaving the heat shield intact. No problems heating up the grub. I found the hose clamp would rattle loose so I used CV boot banding material and clamps to attach the mount to the pipe.

Sled32.jpg

Sled33.jpg

J
Apr 11, 2008
North Bend , WA
I drilled a bunch of holes in the heat shield and insulation. It won't cook, but if youthrow something hot in it will keep it warm at best. Lots of air comes in over it.I may cut the rest of the heat sheild out and drop it down on the pipe like some of you guys did.

Someone post a pic of the just the shield and insulation cut a way! Thanks!!

Transporter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
I usually drop em off at the place with the shiny pole in the morning so they can go back to work while i sled all day. No point taking em with ya. Lol works in revy and golden anyways

The only muff pot you got is one for cooking pizza pockets.But nice try anyways.Pay attention to this thread and we might let you ride with us this winter.lol.

D
Nov 20, 2005
i saw a hotdogger mounted on the can with a big hose clamp .the guy used a stainless steel hose clamp. and all u had to do is open up the side and there was the hot dogger mounted right on the can...

Premium Features