• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP Airbox Removal - Plumbing?

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
Does anyone have pictures of XP Airbox Removal plumbed in a way that works well in pow/deep snow?

I'm looking for two entries to the main airbox from the outside.
One possibly on top of the gauge pod (ala RS mod setup), and need a second location.

Really want to remove that upper airbox, but not have a lean-rich oscillation, or so much intake pressure that I'm sucking snow against the screen.

Thx in Advance for any ideas or pics!

MtnDoo

E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO
Air Box

Hey man not real sure where but I saw some sort of cold air intake package on here for 65 bucks and if I remember correctly there was some good things said about it.

giddyup

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
deer valley sask.
intake

i saw some one on one of the forums, either snowest or doo talk had taken and put two male 2" nipples in the top of the top air box on the xp and ran two flex hoses up to behide the gauge and put flowrites in there similar to the 600rs intake, i also saw that there is an screen kit for the top of the dash and then a opening in the top of the airbox, i think that would pull warm and cool air, do a search i was thinking of dooing the two tubes from the top of the dash to the air box this year, i think it will cover with snow but is easy to wipe clean, i have an 08 and switched to the 09 intake it helped but it a pain in the a-- to wipe clean as you are riding, post some pics with what you doo.

hope it helps
giddyup

T

tollen77

Feb 19, 2008
I just removed the front airbox and covered the inlet to the rear airbox with slp material. Rode it like that all season and had zero power loss and no boggin in deep snow. The air is a little warmer under the hood but it didn't make a noticable difference.

I also tried running the sled without the nozzle attached to the rear airbox and it ran like a POS. Don't waste your time. The rear airbox requires the resriction there to create negative pressure I assume.

Good luck!

T

tube

Dec 3, 2007
Stony plain
c3 powersports is building the ultimate airbox, carbon fiber of course, and will have proper deep snow breathing capabilities.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
c3 powersports is building the ultimate airbox, carbon fiber of course, and will have proper deep snow breathing capabilities.

Tube wanna expand on that a little bit. Haven't heard bout about one.

I'm looking at something to eliminate the upper box as well. I've pretty much set my sights on a Timber intake with 2cool lh knee vent and extreme vent for the side. JC has the bottom vent on the same side I want to use. Too bad I can't get the vents from the same place. I want to use the Extreme vents for the other vents as well. Including the headlight pod vent. Might have to make my own.
But I digress, unless I pull the top box and mesh the intake. Then I could vent the airbox and still use the ventsl ike I'm planning. Hmmm, sounds better to me actually. Man, now I don't know.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
noxis - imagination runs wild. Curious to see if/how others have solved the issue.

tube - I've spoken w/ Kevin. Curious to see what he comes up with. Airbox looks good; pod should be interesting.

Reeb - Be careful with the Timbersled intake, as it pulls warm air and belt dust from the clutch side. On previous projects, I've put plexi-glass between the clutch and pods, yet Timber uses that area as its intake path.

Thx for all of the replies folks!

MD.

teeroy

Lifetime Membership
i saw some one on one of the forums, either snowest or doo talk had taken and put two male 2" nipples in the top of the top air box on the xp and ran two flex hoses up to behide the gauge and put flowrites in there similar to the 600rs intake, i also saw that there is an screen kit for the top of the dash and then a opening in the top of the airbox, i think that would pull warm and cool air, do a search i was thinking of dooing the two tubes from the top of the dash to the air box this year, i think it will cover with snow but is easy to wipe clean, i have an 08 and switched to the 09 intake it helped but it a pain in the a-- to wipe clean as you are riding, post some pics with what you doo.

hope it helps
giddyup

that was me....posted it back in Jan '08. fixed the bog issues totally, and was cheap to do. then 'Doo came out with the RS kit in '09, it looks a little more sanitary than my setup....but hey, something had to be done. just glad my idea was was similar to what 'Doo came up with (if they didn't see it on DooTalk and copy it) :D

pictures3600Small.jpg

pictures3603Small.jpg

pictures3623Small.jpg

pictures3618Small.jpg

pictures3615Small.jpg

pictures3625Small.jpg

pictures3613Small.jpg

pictures3606Small.jpg

pictures3605Small.jpg

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Reeb - Be careful with the Timbersled intake, as it pulls warm air and belt dust from the clutch side. On previous projects, I've put plexi-glass between the clutch and pods, yet Timber uses that area as its intake path.

Thx for all of the replies folks!

MD.

That's the reason I'm waffling right now instead of getting one with my skid. Just not sure what the answer is. I'm hoping to loose the upper box like you so my ears are open.

T

tube

Dec 3, 2007
Stony plain
the c3 airbox will be a one piece headlight pod/airbox/dash unit all in one from what i hear. You should be able to run the factory headlights, but dont have too, with headlights deleted, plus cf one piece unit it should save considerable weight and breathe well as they are designing in more inlets.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
the c3 airbox will be a one piece headlight pod/airbox/dash unit all in one from what i hear. You should be able to run the factory headlights, but dont have too, with headlights deleted, plus cf one piece unit it should save considerable weight and breathe well as they are designing in more inlets.

Sounds like the solution to my problem right there. Hopefully C3 than chime in for some updates, price and availability(which might be my only hangup if it's not for awhile).

A

ACL C3

Aug 27, 2008
Salmon Arm B.C
www.c3powersports.com
C3 XP Dash/Airbox

The C3 XP Dash/airbox will be about $1100.00 cnd the first part will be demolded today and we will post pictures tomorrow. the air box has a 3 1/2 " out let for the larger carb side air box. The dash has been laid down for better visibility and saves 9 lbs. You can mount the stock head light, but we have also molded led light mounts and have two LED kits available. Single led is $275.00 cnd and dual led kit is $530.00cnd. The post pocket is also stretched forward to accommodate a steering post moved 3" forward. We will have kits for the steering post mod as well. The dash will also accept the stock windshields. The weight savings is 9lbs

Last edited:
K

khaddon2110

Aug 17, 2006
Idaho
only $1100.......:eek: lot of monopoly money for something that is most days a non-issue.......and on those days when it is a problem, I can wipe off my intake quite a few times for 1100

Premium Features