• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Getting my first Skidoo and have a few questions

travydog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Tulare south dakota
I snowchecked a 800 summit x 146 and it is comen soon. I was just wondering if any of you know anything speacial i should do or need to do before i take it out? I manley do alot of ditch rideing but get to the hills and to the horns once or twice a year. Im a bigger guy and was also wondering how the sled will hold up to me on it, I mean all the pine cone jokes and stuff. Any info would be greatly apreciated since i have never been on a ski doo before. Alwasy been a polaris man. Thanks

Travydog

Nov 26, 2007
walla walla
I am 250 and bent the running boards standing on an 08 by standing on it on the showroom floor. Running board reinforcements... Other than that they are as durable as any of the current sleds.

W

Wyoming T/A

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sep 26, 2006
Powell,Wyoming
add some vents , we use XXXModrods and they work great and are reasonable in price--remove foam on the side panels and throw on a can--HPS is our choice and ride it:D:beer;

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
HD Torsion springs as well. I'm 250 with gear ready to ride, haven't had an issue myself, but seen many who have.

Good Gawd Reeber, lose some weight ya toad :eek::D Last time I saw you you were a 150 lb snot nosed punk, hehehehehe, Heck if you put down the fork and lose 50 lbs, you'd gain 25 hp worth of mod cash :D:D:D

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
haha, I might have been a svelt 190lbs or so. I'm 225lb without my gear. Guessing we pack around 25lbs with gear and pack full of stuff.....that was about 5 years ago too there Slim. You guys won't come up anymore, maybe it's time I come down and meet you in Cooke?

Premium Features