• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

nytro hand warmer fix

P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
has any one used the nytro handwarmer fix that was on here this spring ? it was a box for around 200$ that was supose to make the bars get hot even at idle . also does any one know how to get a hold of this product ?

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
best and simplest fix for the handwarmers...spray foam...is incredible the difference...try it...am sure it will improve them for you like mine did...

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
best and simplest fix for the handwarmers...spray foam...is incredible the difference...try it...am sure it will improve them for you like mine did...

what are you doing with the spray foam.....just filling the inside of handlebars up with it?

S

stopdropanroll

Feb 17, 2009
Fall River Wi
RSI grips and elements worked excellent for me all last year, I have a new bar set up this year and I am staying with the RSI grips and elements again this year, all hooked up to the factory switch. less then $100 mod and 1hr of your time.

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
RSI grips and elements worked excellent for me all last year, I have a new bar set up this year and I am staying with the RSI grips and elements again this year, all hooked up to the factory switch. less then $100 mod and 1hr of your time.

You can adjust the heat with stock rocker button?
Sounds great!
I have filled the handlebar with foam, but if it's not enough i go with RSI (if stock adjuster works).
Stock Yamaha 2010 heating element's is >$270 / side, here in Sweden! :mad:

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
Sounds great!
I have filled the handlebar with foam, but if it's not enough i go with RSI (if stock adjuster works).

Yeah T-bird. The RSI's have 2 elements. You wire them both together, then into the stock wiring harness. '06 "pre-update" Apex bars heaters work excellent too, but hard to find...

P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
cool thanks for the help .Ive tryed 3 diffrent handwarmers and have the CR elements right now . They work the best so far but are far from good . does any one know how to get a hold of that unit ? i really dont want to start an acount on TY just to order a part :beer;

N
Jan 29, 2008
has any one used the nytro handwarmer fix that was on here this spring ? it was a box for around 200$ that was supose to make the bars get hot even at idle . also does any one know how to get a hold of this product ?

I read about the box you're talking about and I thought it was kind of funny because my buddy screwed up his wiring for his hot grips and when he fixed it he wired to the headlight circuit by accident. I kid you not, his hands were severly blistered from the grips getting so hot. It was turning the grips to almost gel after a short time of riding. This box that someone is selling sounds like it's doing the same thing with just giving you a way to turn down the full voltage of the headlight circuit.

RSI

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
BOISE, IDAHO
www.rsiracing.com
Our Hi Power heaters fix the Nytro problem. PM me for a 10% Snowest discount coupon. We reccomend our heaters, 7" grips, and our new grip glue for the best results.

S

stopdropanroll

Feb 17, 2009
Fall River Wi
Sounds great!

Yes, the factory controls still work the same, 3-4 bars and you will be very warm! I wire the red and blue wires together and hook them to one lead from the stock elements and the remaining white wire to the other stock lead, no need to know what wire is what because the grips are powered of AC power. Ran them for 2500 miles last year and 0 issues. Great mod.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Yes, the factory controls still work the same, 3-4 bars and you will be very warm! I wire the red and blue wires together and hook them to one lead from the stock elements and the remaining white wire to the other stock lead, no need to know what wire is what because the grips are powered of AC power. Ran them for 2500 miles last year and 0 issues. Great mod.

DC power.... actually it is a variable time period square wave.... but it goes for 0 to a voltage (around 12 volts), not negative to positive voltage like you would have with AC power.

But regardless, it doesn't matter because it is a passive device, and it has no ground of it's own, therefore, its functionality does not depend upon the polarity of the connections..

S

stopdropanroll

Feb 17, 2009
Fall River Wi
DC power.... actually it is a variable time period square wave.... but it goes for 0 to a voltage (around 12 volts), not negative to positive voltage like you would have with AC power.

But regardless, it doesn't matter because it is a passive device, and it has no ground of it's own, therefore, its functionality does not depend upon the polarity of the connections..

Gotcha, makes sence! Learn something new everyday!

Fireman35

Lifetime Membership
Aug 11, 2009
Burlington,WI
used the rsi heaters and they work great i was a little worried about messing something up but that was two easy. the dealer wanted 230 for the fancy new yamaheaters. so this was an easy and cost effective fix for the prob. Give it a try

Premium Features