• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Boss Seat Website

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
seats look great and very good price..seat features video ready soon?

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
That seat has more pockets than Al Czervick's Golf Bag!

2593501.jpg

Last edited:
H

HPJUNKIE

Nov 5, 2003
Are these seats still built in the good 'ol U.S.A or offshore? Is the price simply a reflection of the current economy?

B
Sep 18, 2009
Spanish Fork Utah
Looks like it is time to dispel some myths.
The price is reflective of a lot of things. The seats used to be shaped out of raw blocks of our Closed and Open cell foams. We decided this year that we could meet the demand for all of the seats by investing in the molds to have these two pieces of foam for each seat molded. Now that they are molded we have cut down our labor significantly, thus the price has gone down, and we can have them ready now before the season rather than waiting for orders to come in. They are still built in Utah. Any other questions you all know where to find me.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
Can you dispel the myths about actual weights?
Like, the weight of the seat after we buy it?
(not prototype, or projected weight, shipping weight)

Some of us might be interested in it if there were a weight reduction to be had.
It might be advisable to offer a standard height version sans the glorified fanny-pack thing-a-majig.

I've heard that last year's XP seat only saved 1 lb over stock.

I have a very easy formula for calculating weight savings:

(1) Measured weight of Stock Seat
(2) Measured weight of BOSS Seat

(1) - (2) = X
Where X = the weight savings.

Please note that variables such as Q = water weight, BS = Marketing Weight, and K = Cosmic weight ratings are not used in this equation.

;-)

MD.

Last edited:
X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I will post the weight of the stock seat and our seat tomorrow, as I have both at the plant. Tune in for more info, tomorrow.

The weight of the stock 08 Summit seat is 5lbs 7.8oz. This is on a digital shipping scale that is SPOT on, double verified for accuracy give or take 0.2oz. Please see attached!

Cheers
Shawn

08 Summit Seat.jpg

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO

(1) - (2) = X

So, we begin to build the formula with real numbers:

(1) = 5lbs, 7.8oz
(2) = ?

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN

(1) - (2) = X

So, we begin to build the formula with real numbers:

(1) = 5lbs, 7.8oz
(2) = ?

Keep in mind the 09' seat does weight more. I have not heard about the 10' seat. But at least we have a solid 08' number.

B
Sep 18, 2009
Spanish Fork Utah
Boss Seat weight for the XP

What you heard is correct the weight of the Boss Seat is 4lbs-5oz. With the storage pouches and everything. You save a total of 1 lb 2 oz but gain the storage in your seat and get a much better ride. I hope that this helps. Thanks for the post.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
BOSSSEATS - thanks for the candid (and timely) response!

Clearly the product has evolved beyond weight savings alone, and offers some more advantages for those interested. IMHO the storage pouches would be self-defeating, as you'd fill them up with more than 1lb, 2oz of crap. But, I digress...

Best of luck,

MD.

L

ledoo

Dec 8, 2007
i think it looks good, i like storage. you've gotta take some stuff up with you and its either on you back or on your sled.
i just sold an escape 30 and bought a freeride. to get it off my back.
i'm sure there's a market for weight savings only, but i think a little weight off and some more comfort is a good compromize.

it looks narrower too. it appears to fit the top of the tank and not over the edge like the stock one. is it narrower and by how much?

also does it fit over the stock seat clips or do u have to cut them off.
Thanks

B
Sep 18, 2009
Spanish Fork Utah
Hey guys thanks for the comments. As you can see from the pictures on the website the seat is much narrower than the stock but still has a lot of seating area. The nicest thing about this seat in my opinion is that when you stand your calves no longer hit the side/edge of the seat. Much more comfortable to ride with. As far as the installation we will have some videos up soon, but you will not have to make any mods to your tank.

Premium Features