• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 dragon 800

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Is anybody running a pc III with a stock pipe and hps can on there sled if so what gain's have you seen.:)

I've never seen an aftermarket can work.

www.dynotechresearch.com (585) 993-2777 Jim, real nice guy to talk to.

dyno reports and a lot of VALUABLE info for only $25.00 per year subscription

And I believe (but check w/Jim) that included access to the PC III programs he's put together.

I purchased my PC III (for my D-7)from him for $365.00 with the programs

The 2009 800 stock 146 h.p. with the March 2009 re-flash, 155 h.p. with PC III and no other mods, Jim tested a bunch of other parts, GREAT dyno report:face-icon-small-hap

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I've never seen an aftermarket can work.

What do you mean "work"? Do you mean produce HP? None do that I know of, they are just much lighter which makes the HP/weight ratio a tad better.

I would love to do the PC III, but I've been holding out to see if DynoTech does anything with the PC V.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
What do you mean "work"? Do you mean produce HP? None do that I know of, they are just much lighter which makes the HP/weight ratio a tad better.

I would love to do the PC III, but I've been holding out to see if DynoTech does anything with the PC V.

WORK, i.m.o. get from point "A" to point "B" more quickly.;)

speedwerx radared a 2009 800 before and after can, even though it showed a slight h.p. increase on the dyno, on the radar gun it was slightly slower in a 1/4 mile, even with the weight savings.:mad:

And I realize with that weight savings may be easier to throw the sled around, but that's what I meant by my comment ^^^^, didn't mean to upset the can supporters.lol;)

I'd love to upgrade to the PC-5 w/ AUTO TUNE as well, just think it may be next season before we see some real testing with it. You could always try the PC III ($365.00 from DYNOTECH Jim w/mapping) run it for a season until they get things sorted out with the PC 5/Autotune and re-sell the PC III then????:face-icon-small-hap

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
didn't mean to upset the can supporters

Not me...I'm already putting my HPS can up for sell. 400 miles on it and I'm going to sell it. I'm going to a different exhaust system.

I might just do the PC III. I haven't bit on it yet, but if I do, I'll likely look to the DynoTech guys.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Not me...I'm already putting my HPS can up for sell. 400 miles on it and I'm going to sell it. I'm going to a different exhaust system.

I might just do the PC III. I haven't bit on it yet, but if I do, I'll likely look to the DynoTech guys.

DYNOTECH is just 1 man, Jim Czekala, nice knowledgeable guy to talk to, NOT a salesman type, why not give him a call (585) 993-2777, I'm sure he'd be glad to answer your questions even if you're not ready to pull the trigger today.

or e-mail him @ info@dynotechresearch.com

The $25.00 annual subscription is well worth it, tons of factual info

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
I think I poped for 5 yrs at 75.00 or something like that , hope some easterner gets off their can and gets an up graded motor to him I really want to see if the pcIII helps as much as it did pre fix. Go Jimbo GO

Premium Features