• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

led tailight ?

mcfly13

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
ok sorry for a stupid ? but want to put a led taillight on my 06 900
do i need the one for a cfi or just a regular one.
what are u guys using?

mcfly13

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
ok thanx i am getting confused cuz 4 barr makes an adapter for cfi but i am new to polaris and dont quite know all the models and if the 900 is cfi or not

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
If you're at all good with electronics, just do it yourself. Put mine together in about 2hrs with a handful of LEDs/resistors and some scrap 1/4" ABS.

There's 3 lines. One is power (+12), one is ground. The third is the signal for the brake light. On the 900s, that line is high relative to ground (+12) when the brake light is off. That line drops low (0.7v-ish) when the brake light comes on. On other sleds, that logic is opposite, where when the brake light comes on, that line goes high relative to ground. The "adapter" you buy is just an inverter that toggles that signal line the other way.

M

MacDawg productions

Sep 5, 2008
Van Isle, British Columbia
As far as I know, you need the resistor or whatever it is called for a cfi unit. I've got an 05, and I just ordered the slp led, with the capacitor, because if you just plug in any led, it will just light up, instead of having a tail light/brake light combo.

W

wildchild

Jul 4, 2001
lumby
You need the CFI led on the 900, the normal led will not work.

The 900 has 1 positive and 2 grounds, non cfi sleds have 2 positives and 1 ground.

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
You don't need anything special with the SLP L.E.D. light. I have one and it just glows for a minute or so after I turn the sled off. Not a BIG deal.

T

Trax 2 Treadz

May 14, 2009
Medicine Hat, AB
www.trax2treadz.com
Skinz offers LED Brake lights, including a Polaris specific package.

LED Tail Light Kits:
Kits include all hardware and mounting brackets necessary for installation.
4" low profile LED tail light is extremely bright and can be positioned anywhere on machine.
Easy installation and does not require any wiring modifications.

Standard LED Tail light Kit (for everything except for Polaris CFI)
Part # TLED050

Polaris LED Tail light Kit (only for Polaris CFI)
Part # TLED100

361_LED_Tail_Light_Kit_TLED100_Polaris_CFI_.jpg

Send me a PM if your interested.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
i have a USED fourbarr LED light if anyone is interested..$20/shipped in the US...i never used it, bought it from a guy on here..he said he had it on his 900 w/o the CFI adapter and it worked fine..????

LED is the way to go...

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
Ok I need some help on this also, I'm so dang confused it's unreal at the moment. I have three wires coming back Brown, Red, Orange. I got the adapter but the plug that was originally on the sled is not even close to the one on the adapter. Thats not my problem. I have hooked up the wires every way I could think but maybe I missed one What wire should go where in the adapter????

Seems like no matter what way I hook it up the brake light on the dash is on and when I hit the break the tail light goes completely out. Help Please!!!

DSCF0150-1.jpg

Premium Features