• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I took the leap!;)

C
Jul 8, 2001
I am putting it on my ktm 525. I already have the dirt rims/tires, the supermoto rims/tires, and now I'll have the snow setup. I live in Far Nor cali in the mt shasta area.

B
Nov 28, 2007
Congrats. I'm in the Modesto area. My friend and I ride Hawks. We could maybe meet up and ride somewhere in the middle .

C
Jul 8, 2001
What a pretty picture

Where could I get the front wheel kit and how much do they run.

Attachments

• IMG00408.jpg
    IMG00408.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG00407.jpg
    IMG00407.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
ski wheel kit

I have a kit in stock. I think they are 350.00 if memory serves me right. Let me know it you want one. They are spendy but very worth it for moving around. 605-225-6900 Les

D

Dobber1

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
What a pretty picture

Where could I get the front wheel kit and how much do they run.

Nice Ride! :beer;
I know what you mean by wanting a front wheel kit, but after you get it in the trailer or just start riding it, you may not find the need? Those scratches in the concrete will disappear over time. :eek:
If you take off the front fender, you'll find it easier to move around just by picking up the front end. Also one less thing to break or get in the way when you're riding in the trees. ;)

SnowReady.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Carefull.

http://www.jdjetting.com/

I would be carefull Less, now that I have decided to keep the YZ450 as a trail bike, I had Noah go through the carb since the former owner had stated he jetted it for the snow kit's cold dry conditions, and pod filter deleting the air box.

Stock jetting has been replaced 160 main, and 45 pilot, needle third clip down, they had it rich since most of the time it was wfo, 180 main, and 48 pilot, needle fourth clip down.

JD Jetting is about thirty minutes from here and I have been meaning to get his attention, maybe Darryl and I could influence him to go riding.

His kits are great, they include about $35 in jets, his own cnc needles for 0'-3000', and 3000'-6000', and instructions, but that is for the bike at normal operation mode.

Add the snow bike, jet kit and stretching the throttle cable like you have to could be bad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHFK1yKfiGo

If he were to ride both the Hawk and a few snow bikes I'll bet he could come up with a good recipe for both, he does very good with the dirt option. Plus a Hawk would look cool sitting on his dyno if it could!

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Just the bike.

If there's any snow on that YZ, it will be from the tires rolling though it, the foothills in Walker Valley near Mt. Vernon can get dusted. Rieter is closed for the winter so Bellfair or Mattawa are my next choices to roll on.

I put the 2Moto kit on display at Mt. Vernons Skagit Powersports today, you know that dealer on I5 just before you turn off for Baker. He's going to install it on a new WR450 Yamaha, and see what kind of interest it draws.

Plus he promised Tim and I he would go out with us this season on the Oneskis, he's not very fond of snowmachines, unloads the units Yamaha requires as a dealer before snow falls.

Just put a new chain and lower geared sprockets, wrap around hand guards, and changed oil and filter. Going to Walker on Thursday, got some catching up to do on phisical activity 285 is way too heavy for these feet.

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
speed

I would say 50-60 on packed trails but that is not the element that makes the bikes so fun. Stick them into the tight trees and powder and love it up. I feel low speed cruising is there best element. GNCC racing in the snow.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
He don't mean slow.

Maybe slow compared to tires but I'll asure you a heck of a lot faster than any Twoski can go through the tight gnarly stuff.. Tree wells and small slides covering the trail are the best when you stop at the other side to watch the sleds attempt afterwards.

Look at the Awesome thread here in the snow bikes section, if that's not what you might like there's no hope for you, sorry.

Hawk Fest will hook you on the Oneski, borrow a friends sled and get there!

Premium Features