• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

lightweight battery

R

ridehard1212

Nov 26, 2007
LANGLEY BC
pro's + cons... peoples expierance... pretty good bang for your buck... 100-200$$$ for 9lb weight saving... equal cold cranking but less storage???

I guess i really like the idea of losing 9lbs off my front end for a 100 bones.. but dont care to have batttery issues???

Yamaha is noted for making EVERTHING EXTRA heavy (skids/tunnel/arms) Is this true for the battery?? is it overkill??

BTW i have no problem replacing battery once a year... just dont want to do it by surprise!!

thanks in advance:beer;

J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto
pro's + cons... Peoples expierance... Pretty good bang for your buck... 100-200$$$ for 9lb weight saving... Equal cold cranking but less storage???

I guess i really like the idea of losing 9lbs off my front end for a 100 bones.. But dont care to have batttery issues???

Yamaha is noted for making everthing extra heavy (skids/tunnel/arms) is this true for the battery?? Is it overkill??

Btw i have no problem replacing battery once a year... Just dont want to do it by surprise!!

Thanks in advance:beer;

i have one. It worked fine in my yammie! but personally, i'd put the money towards a boss seat!

T

tard

Nov 28, 2007
I swapped my stocker for a YTZ10 and it ran me 18$ for my weight savings. I have gotten 4 seasons on the battery at temps to -30 with no problems.

S

SNAFU

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary
I use aYTZ7S and have not had any problems in very cold (-20 C) weather. I keep it hooked up to a battery tender year round when not in use. I would recommend a genuine YUASA battery not some of the knock offs. I think that Interstate 7S batteries are okay, but I am pretty sure there are made by YUASA. CR Racing also makes a pretty sweet hold done for the battery for about $30.

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
Has anyone ever had problems with the Yuasa YTZ7s in the Apex. I see lots of people use them, but I have never really seen a negative response... Even though there are always nay-sayers out there who are saying your sled won't run cause your injectors won't have enough power to fire.
I run an heated shield and also charge my GPS off the sled too, will this make a difference? I don't think they draw much.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I run a 7 in my apex. That thing sure is small and light! The only time it every worries me is the first day of a trip. I live at 1000ft and ride at 10,000ft. The first time you go to start the sled after that big swing in elev it doesnt start too good. starts and dies the first or second time. Never let me down but I still think about it :) Eric

Premium Features