• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Assult and track's (again....)

S

stem

Mar 1, 2008
Norway
So....I've been on and off regarding whether or not i shold buy a 2010 Assault, and now I'm alomst on again. But a guy working at the Polaris shop recomended me to change the track before buying the sled.
But which track sholud I buy and where do I find a interweb page where I could order one whitout paying blood for it?

Thanks

M

MNSLEDNECK56308

Nov 21, 2007
Alex MN
tracksusa.com

they have the cobra 1.3 and the 2.4 inch for the deep stuff, also you could remove your center driver and then that opens the door a couple other doo tracks at the 2.8 pitch.

crix

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
SaVaGe, MiNnEsOtA
So....I've been on and off regarding whether or not i shold buy a 2010 Assault, and now I'm alomst on again. But a guy working at the Polaris shop recomended me to change the track before buying the sled.
But which track sholud I buy and where do I find a interweb page where I could order one whitout paying blood for it?

Thanks

Ride it and see if you like it I personally liked it I like the stiffness of it.

If you dont then buy another track unless theyre gonna give you a decent credit for the stock track

L
Aug 2, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Thank's for all good answers, but here I hit a language barrier....what do you mean by center driver?[/QUOT

If you look at the tracks specifically offered for the assault, they have a center punch out all around the track. The assault itself has 3 drivers, 2 2.86" drivers to drive using the normal track nubs and one extrovert driver in the center to drive using the punch outs on the track.

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
Center driver.

In the picture below you can see the center driver as part number 19, without this one you will be able to run tracks without the center punched holes.

10ASLT.jpg

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Stem post what kind of riding style you have and also what conditions you encounter mostly. All of the RAW sleds are essentially the same just different combos of setups from suspension shock and traction. All of the models can be tuned to behalf like another or changed to behave like the others. Most of us North American guys don't really know the kind of riding you will be doing to so it's difficult to comment effectively.

I've had great performance results from customizing factory tracks to make them more versitile. They make them with a focus on narrow aspects of performance for the masses and alot of what we enjoy is halfway in between. I don't want a track or sled that stands out in only one environment but it's handicapped badly in another for recreational riding. Maxiumum fun all of the time damn it...this is expensive and we want our monies worth!

W
May 14, 2008
Iron Range

Thanks

Talk to tracks usa the challenger lite #9064 for $635 ain't to bad, It about 100 dollars cheaper than what I can get a polaris track from my dealer in MN for. I considering it my self for my trips out the rockies.

Premium Features