• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hey Christopher, enough with the server wide pm's...

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
I don't really care about the announcements coming via PM. Why not do like a lot of the other "successful" forums and just have an announcement section at the top of the page with whatever you want?

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
I'm sure you could use the announcement stuff you already have in place for important stuff other then drivel about iPhones, right?

S
Dec 29, 2001
Brainerd,MN
Ditto's
Im in Minnesota, and while it would be fun to go to the Idaho show show and met some SW'ers, I really don't give a rats rectum about it.
Thank you very little.:rolleyes:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I don't really care about the announcements coming via PM. Why not do like a lot of the other "successful" forums and just have an announcement section at the top of the page with whatever you want?
In this case because I was "asked" to send that out to all SnoWest Subscribers.

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
In this case because I was "asked" to send that out to all SnoWest Subscribers.
1dd728f8.gif

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
your solution here guys is to uncheck receive pm's and emails from admin. I don't get no stinking pm's or emails cept what are meant for me, letters of appreciation and .........................................well you know;):beer;

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
your solution here guys is to uncheck receive pm's and emails from admin. I don't get no stinking pm's or emails cept what are meant for me, letters of appreciation and .........................................well you know;):beer;

Well now, you mean you can just fix the problem on your own? Hmm... I thought the admin had to do everything?

M
Jan 14, 2004

Where do you do that? Edit profile?

M5

T
Nov 26, 2007
Prince George, BC
www.cap-it.com
i totally agree but most forums do this. i am on a couple of truck forums and they do the same thing. guess we have to live with it.

This was and still is (although for how much longer I don't know) the best forum on the planet. Most forums did things differently and they didn't have thousands of members who gave a k-rap, mourned a member or 2 who died, raised thousands for a sick kid or 2 and had such rabid fans that conversations started with "DO you know what my buddy on Snowest said?" Change is good but this is too much too fast. I feel like I lost an old friend.

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
your solution here guys is to uncheck receive pm's and emails from admin. ;

That would be great if it was true. I have unchecked that box and yet I still received the spam. Both in PM and Email form. I just looked again to make sure it wasn't my error and sure enough that option is still disabled.

So why am I receiving SW spam?

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
Where do you do that? Edit profile?

M5

User Conrol Panel
Left hand side Settings & Options
Edit Options
uncheck everything under Messaging & Notifications
except 'Enable Private Messaging'
Then make sure you click SAVE at the bottom of the page.

I get no pm's or emails.....................double checked spam/junk file nothing from SW:D:beer;

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
This was and still is (although for how much longer I don't know) the best forum on the planet. Most forums did things differently and they didn't have thousands of members who gave a k-rap, mourned a member or 2 who died, raised thousands for a sick kid or 2 and had such rabid fans that conversations started with "DO you know what my buddy on Snowest said?" Change is good but this is too much too fast. I feel like I lost an old friend.
Couldn't have said it better.:(
Nicely put Triple.

B

Bull

Jan 20, 2004
colorado
yup. i'd be real careful about starting that stuff. ain't gonna go over too well.

Premium Features