• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NW turbo

S
Nov 26, 2007
Morgan, UT
Which would be the better turbo the NW or Ulmers new design? I would like to hear feedback from guys who have the nw kit. Thanks for all your input in advance Chaz

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
Well I like some of the new changes that Allan has made to the original NW kit everything looks to be good quality stuff the only thing that I am not sure of is the Power commander setup for the fuel management! I would like to see a season on it to work out the bugs!!

800tundra

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Dapp, Alberta
Bought Nytro with northwest TURBO. Bought it as is barely runs still have not been able to sort it out. You need to buy a Turbo kit that has customer support IMO.

U

uzeste

Jan 20, 2008
Cold Lake AB
where are you at in alberta I just bought a nytro with a NW turbo on it seems to run good so fare but have not opened it up yet. But it shouldnt be hard to get yours running as long as there is no engin problems. Maybe we could compare sled and see what we can find. I mine I have an attitude fuel controler what is yours.

S

srxspec

Nov 27, 2007
www.ulmerracing.com
Well I like some of the new changes that Allan has made to the original NW kit everything looks to be good quality stuff the only thing that I am not sure of is the Power commander setup for the fuel management! I would like to see a season on it to work out the bugs!!

We ran a whole season and a half with our rear mount Aerocharger kits using the Power Commander for fuel & ignition changes with no issues. We ran the last part of last season with the NW kit with the Power Commander with no issues. We will soon be playing with the new PCV and see how that works out and will likely upgrade to that next.

800tundra

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Dapp, Alberta
I live about an hour North of Edmonton. It is a Dobeck fuel Controller. I believe that is one of my problems.Also Has cracked header.Finally got new one but am going to do headshim at same time. I hope this PCV Autotune works as good as it sounds.

S

srxspec

Nov 27, 2007
www.ulmerracing.com
The header that was cracked was one of the original NW kit headers which were a tube header. I put a 5 year gaurantee on the cast header that it will not crack.

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
We ran a Power Commander with ignition and multifunction hub and it worked really well. Really easy to use and can add specific amounts of fuel for each pound of boost. Need a lap top on the hill to change fuel setting under boost though. Only downfall.

Last edited:
Premium Features