• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

apex turbo downpipe

S
Nov 26, 2007
Where is the best place to exit the sled with the downpipe? Dump it into the tunnel, out the bottom of the bellypan, out the side of the sled or some place else. This will be on a apex mountain sled with a bd turbo kit on it.

R

relentless rider

Jan 25, 2009
in the mountians western mt
Side dump

Mine is 3 inch out the side,haven't rode the sled yet to say how it works,but looks bad a$$ and sounds great! I hear that going 3 inch side,is like having the double down pipe.:beer;Bytheway thanks for the weights!!

Last edited:

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
it aint going to get clogged going straight on a tunnel dump had mine out the side first about made me deaf turned to the tunnell it has ben this way for a year and never had a problem

I have a Apex with a front mount Alpine kit , down pipe dumps into the tunnel right at the bend on top of the drivers , work good , does get plugged off when you get stuck , snow gets packed in front of the track and the turbo will not spool up .

S
Nov 26, 2007
I ended up going out the belly pan. I guess I will see how bad it plugs off.
3dp.jpg

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I went with a 3" out the side. I doubt you'd be able to get the 3" into the tunnel actually, it'd be TOIGHT. Other than it being pretty loud (I wear an earplug in my right ear, lol) I highly recommend it. Doesn't get plugged and drops the temps dramatically. I think FBomb said it best, "That thing sounds PISSED OFF!".

Transporter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
Why dont you put it where the bd turbo kit tells you too or dont they sell complete kits with a downpipe?

S
Nov 26, 2007
Just thought I would give you guys an update on the 3" downpipe out the bellypan. Works really good so far. Dumps a lot of heat out of the cylinders which helps with deto. Also got rid of lots of under hood heat. Rode in some deep powder and had no clogging issues of the exhaust or with the air filter. Have not rode in over the hood powder yet, so I will see how that goes. Downpipe is mounted just like in the picture and the air filter is raised up and tipped in towards the center of the sled. Finally got the sled dialed in and runs really hard with no issues.

Last edited:

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Why dont you put it where the bd turbo kit tells you too or dont they sell complete kits with a downpipe?

BD tried to dump into the side of the tunnel with a little 2 inch pipe. It made for some serious heat backed up into the turbo and header IMO, especially on the 28 series turbo at 15+ lbs of boost.

Premium Features