• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My summer project, new tunnel/bulkhead

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Everything on the right, must go on that piece of aluminum on the left.

Tunnel replacement 001 (Small).jpg Tunnel replacement 003 (Small).jpg Tunnel replacement 004 (Small).jpg Tunnel replacement 006 (Small).jpg Tunnel replacement 007 (Small).jpg Tunnel replacement 010 (Small).jpg Tunnel replacement 011 (Small).jpg

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
MH, yes, I will post a pic tomorrow, toward the end of the first winter I had it, I came off a jump, a small one, and landed off camber on a rock right where the front torque arm mounts in the tunnel. Bent/kinked the tunnel a bit, but I rode it that way for two winters, right before we headed to Tog this past March I noticed the tunnel was cracking, so I decided it was time to fix it.

Poorider, yep, cleaning and sandblasting/repainting before things go back on. All new bearings and seals also. Also new motormounts, the left front was tore.

Hopefully I will have it all back together by next weekend.:D

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Yeah, I usually let things go as long as I can because I just break it again. I have a plastic side belly pan that is cracked. I have a few rivits holding it together.

M
Jan 8, 2008
Did the new tunnel come with the tunnel length heat exchanger? If so, is the old one damaged and would you part with it? I need to do a little surgery to put one of the '08+ tunnel length heat exhangers onto my Switcher.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Couple of pics of the old tunnel.

Mopar21277, I already promised the old tunnel to a buddy, sorry.

Tunnel replacement 013 (Medium).jpg Tunnel replacement 012 (Medium).jpg

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Just a few more things to take care of, rear suspension and seat, windshield, and install the WRP running boards, and this little project is done.:beer;:)

S you can see, I decided since everything, and I mean everything lol, was going to be apart I should put the 2010 front plastic on, and I also went with the Skinz front bumper. Looks damn close to the 2010's now, 'cept for the graphics. But, I might have a little something different as far as that goes in a month or two.

Tunnel replacement 014 (Medium).jpg Tunnel replacement 015 (Medium).jpg

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Bought those real cheap, and I am trying to sell my Walker airs, need the money.

T
Mar 3, 2008
burnsville mn
Sled looks sweet!, but I gotta ask ya (not to be a jerk, just givin ya some crap) Did you just drill a bunch of holes for venting by the gas tank??? That's how Wisconsin stereotypes get started!:eek: Throw some real vents on there, it's too nice of a sled

Premium Features