• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 SLP pipe VS 2006 SLP pipe?

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Aside from the fact the 2006 SLP pipes come with a new Y-Pipe, is there a difference in the physical shape or performance of just the Pipe itself?

My dealer has one last 2006 900 SLP pipe and Y-pipe left and we were wondering if just the Pipe itself would work work on an 05.

Has anyone tried this?

Also, concerning the fuel map reflash, has anyone had the reflash done on their sled while NOT running an SLP pipe? Either running the stock pipe or another pipe that does not require a reflash?

Just a couple questions that have been bouncing around in my head for a while now...

H
Jan 9, 2008
Woodland, WA
Aside from the fact the 2006 SLP pipes come with a new Y-Pipe, is there a difference in the physical shape or performance of just the Pipe itself?

My dealer has one last 2006 900 SLP pipe and Y-pipe left and we were wondering if just the Pipe itself would work work on an 05.

Has anyone tried this?

Also, concerning the fuel map reflash, has anyone had the reflash done on their sled while NOT running an SLP pipe? Either running the stock pipe or another pipe that does not require a reflash?

Just a couple questions that have been bouncing around in my head for a while now...

Quick, go buy it...then when it won't work, sell it to me cheap;)

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
There is a difference in height and the number of spring hook ups from the
pipe and exhaust to the sled.

I suspect this is because of the extra injectors on the 06 verses the 05.

BUT as I recently learned SLP made some pipes and exhaust ehere they were compatible for both years. Maybe this pipe / exhaust will do both years?

You can also type the part numbers at SLP to see compatibility and call SLP. Below is about the can.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1672334

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The pipe design is different...

The porting on the 2006 is very different than the 2005.

I know it's tempting...but unless you are going with a porting package/reflash... I would not recommend it.

Good luck in your decision.

2poor

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2007
Boise Idaho
An 06 pipe is shorter where the y pipe conects it will not fit with the stock ypipe so you need to buy that with the pipe. I have 2,05,900 rmks that have the porting done to them and I run the 06 pipe on them. They run very good.
Thats just my 2 pennies worth.
Thanks mike

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
hmmm

Key word is "Porting" here...

well its been brought up again...how the SLP porting is worth the cash...

HMMM....i have everything else on my 900 but the porting..even the SLP y-pipe..and yes the 05 pipe is longer..i had to make a special bracket to move the "lower pipe bumper stop" out to fit the pipe on..and work with the CPI can bracket a little to get it to line up..

so my question is then...

isnt there another reflash that comes in the "perfromance edition pkge" other then just the standard pipe/can reflash...???

since all i have to do left is port..maybe i can work it in next spring with a top end rebuild...:rolleyes:

what the heck...its just money right :eek:

2poor

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2007
Boise Idaho
On the 05 porting it really wakes them up. Both of my 900 rmks are running only the slp pipe flash from the dealer and port was done by a guy in Caldwell, Id. alot cheaper than SLP kit. He will also build the 1140 kits for the 900 rmks.

T
Dec 27, 2007
On the 05 porting it really wakes them up. Both of my 900 rmks are running only the slp pipe flash from the dealer and port was done by a guy in Caldwell, Id. alot cheaper than SLP kit. He will also build the 1140 kits for the 900 rmks.

1140 kits :D now were talking.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Well it looks like I got my answer on the pipe side of things... Thanks:beer;:beer;:beer;

Last edited:
Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
06 pipe on an 05

I have an 05 RMK 900. Needs a pipe.. Found a good deal on an SLP pipe, but its for an 06.. I checked the SLP site and it has a different part #.. What is the difference and can I get it to work? Anyone know for sure? Thanks

R
Nov 20, 2009
Just wondering why no one here speaks of Dyno Port? I have Y/pipe/can and runs great! Just wondering? Is it a "west thing" 'cause you all live by SLP?

Premium Features