• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What snowmobile cover should i buy?

D

Dimebag

Mar 11, 2009
Hi,

I need a new snowmobile cover for my 06 RMK 151". :rolleyes:

What to buy, where to get it?

It should be suitable for trailering,
and for storing the sled outside the whole winter in all kinds of weather.

I have found a good deal on ebay, about 90 dollars delivered to me.
But i believe thats a universal cover. Also the stock one cost too much. (about 470 dollars.)

Any suggestions?

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Hi,

I need a new snowmobile cover for my 06 RMK 151". :rolleyes:

What to buy, where to get it?

It should be suitable for trailering,
and for storing the sled outside the whole winter in all kinds of weather.

I have found a good deal on ebay, about 90 dollars delivered to me.
But i believe thats a universal cover. Also the stock one cost too much. (about 470 dollars.)

Any suggestions?

Where on earth do you have to pay $470 for a Polaris IQ cover?:eek::eek::eek:

I got my cover for my 900 166 from my dealer 6 weeks ago for less than retail (retail is $180)

Check out Babbits online or Carl's cycle, both are good online options for Polaris OEM stuff.

good luck:beer;

Babbits has em for $155

http://www.babbittsonline.com/pages/catalogs/detail/55/761/2103/39302/1/0/0/6/211/699/4563/46537/iq-rmk-cover.aspx

Last edited:
D

Dimebag

Mar 11, 2009
It does cost 2800 Norwegian Kroner. And with todays currency, thats equal to about 470 US dollars.

A one-fit-all cover costs about 250 US dollars. I have one of them now, but all the trailering has teared it apart.

So i want a custom fit cover for my sled :)

I believe i talked to Holz about buying something from them before, but the shipping cost was too high to even consider buying from them.

What do you think of this cover?

I wonder if this is a custom fit cover, or a universal fit?

Thanks!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Dimebag.

that link you posted on the cover form ebay..garbage..it will NOT 1 trailer ride..

you NEED to get a canvas one for sure..and it has be a snug fit or it will flap and tear apart..

if i was u, i would get one from ebay thats OEM..or have someone help you get one from a dealer in the US and pay shipping..no way will shipping cost more then $50-75MAX from the US to you..

$180 retail (max) and shipping to you $50-70...

you can get one for 159 and its nice and snug...way better then most aftermarket ones..

IMO

G

Gone Sleddin

Nov 26, 2007
Here's what you want to buy. Fits great, great warranty, great price.
http://www.snoskinz.com/

i'd second that. ride with a guy that has one, looks like it would withstand a nuclear blast. i might update as my polaris one is hashed after 2 years (and that is just trailering, sled is stored inside).
they just dont build em like they used to

S
Aug 17, 2009
Palmer, AK
I think you would be happiest with an enclosed trailer. They are magical and the best way to go. Of course thats pry 40x your price range. But just get any durable oem one thats snug. Try your local craigslist (or varient) or local dealer im sure carries them. Still if you could pull it off the enclosed is the way to go, you would never go back. Mirage trailers are the $hit.

sleddin pete

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Summit County Colorado
Canvas covers like the one from Dennis Kirk or Polaris are only going to last 2 years or so if you store the sled outside.
You would be better off spending the extra $30 over a Polaris cover the first time and getting the sno-skinz cover.Bought one for my 02 RMK and it's still going strong for my friend who now owns the sled(has some sun fade but structurally still good)

Premium Features