• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bar Risers

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
What is the best bar riser to use on a 2004 1m 900 151?

I'm only looking for 3-4" of rise and not interested in doing a full steering stem swap unless that is the only viable option.

Also, is there enough excess in all the wires, cable and hose to get 3-4" of rise?

I do realize the stock stem is weak and that extra leverage will make it easier to bend the stocker if caution isn't used. Any good ways to strengthen the stock stem?

M
Aug 22, 2009
Minnesota
I put a 4" Powermadd riser on my old 2001 mountain cat 800. Had to add a throttle cable extension. Everything else was long enough but I had to straighten some bend out of the brake line to gain some extra length. I still have the riser and ext. Planning on selling them this weekend at Haydays.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
http://www.olesmachine.com/

Oles machine 2.5 inch riser and a 6 hole plate.
the plate moves it forward and the riser is angled on the bottom so it is a straight up rise not an angled rise like just bolting a block to the end of the post.
On my efi i didnt have to do any cables or brake lines. my carb sled needed a longer throttle cable.

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
http://www.olesmachine.com/

Oles machine 2.5 inch riser and a 6 hole plate.
the plate moves it forward and the riser is angled on the bottom so it is a straight up rise not an angled rise like just bolting a block to the end of the post.
On my efi i didnt have to do any cables or brake lines. my carb sled needed a longer throttle cable.

Did the steering feel weird after adding the 6 hole plate?? Just seems like it would throw the geometry way off. I ran a Cutler riser on my '04 that worked great.

D
Feb 9, 2009
prince george B.C.
What is the best bar riser to use on a 2004 1m 900 151?

I'm only looking for 3-4" of rise and not interested in doing a full steering stem swap unless that is the only viable option.

Also, is there enough excess in all the wires, cable and hose to get 3-4" of rise?

I do realize the stock stem is weak and that extra leverage will make it easier to bend the stocker if caution isn't used. Any good ways to strengthen the stock stem?

I ran a 3" riser with no problems, till I bent the post then got a 4" longer forward post and had to add throttle extension,throttle extension is very easy to add,I would think anywhere you can get parts for your sled would be able to get throttle extension...I had a angled riser and did not like the feeling and swing on the bars,forward post is the best mod ,whole new machine with that

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
.I had a angled riser and did not like the feeling and swing on the bars,forward post is the best mod ,whole new machine with that

x2^ but i only did a 2" forward post and it sits about the same height as an 3.5 riser block. you will never bend the forward post from wildchild.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Did the steering feel weird after adding the 6 hole plate?? Just seems like it would throw the geometry way off. I ran a Cutler riser on my '04 that worked great.

Nope, The bars do swing a little different but it is not really noticeable. You notice it when the sled is sitting on concrete but not when riding. I will try to get a pic of my setup.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
DSC00567.jpg

DSC00568.jpg

DSC00569.jpg

I
Sep 2, 2010
Seattle, Wa

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
i got a set of 6" RSI bar risers I'm looking to part with 75 shipped

0708001631.jpg

nielnich

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2010
Lusk, Wy
I have a 3 in powermadd riser on my 04 King. It works great. No extensions. Very little re-routing. I'm very satisfied

G
Apr 29, 2010
I am running a 3" riser block with 5" Rox pivot risers on top. Had to replace both brake line and throttle cable.

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
I have the Ole's angled 3" riser and foward plate. works great. No extended wires but did do a longer brake line.

You need to get a angled riser or it will put the bars even more on top of the seat.

I tried a few pivot risers and they suck, could never get bars tight enough to keep them from slipping.

The 8" RSI bars are another option, we put them on a buddys sled and they are very nice, and stout!

snailbait

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2008
Utah
I'm with Corey. I have a Cutler's 4", and didn't have to extend any of my cables either. Just be sure to turn your handlebars fully side to side to make sure it doesn't pull the throttle on when you make a sharp turn....I've seen some bad stuff happen when guys weren't expecting sudden throttle surge! Just a thought...
Steve

Premium Features