• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

i want the raw look on a 2006 seat

K

knee deep in it

Nov 21, 2007
calgary
my 2006 600 RMK has the plastic coiling around the back of the seat. Is there any way to go to the raw look without changing the seat?

06_900RMK151_modimage.jpg

2007 raw look

dragon-rmk.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Do it!

yep..i got it on my 05 900 and my wifes 06 700...i like it alot..only issue is..

if you use the seat support bar, you have to peal back some of your seat cover and put nuts on the inside, bolt the seat support to your seat, then staple your seat cover back on..very easy to work with though..

And, you have to remove your gas rack plastic...use the same holes on outter part of tunnel for seat support...i installed a Holz Gas rack that i really like..but have to reroute the tail light wiring cause its in the way, AND i also got a factory polaris underseat bag...and I LOVE THE BAG..holds WAY more then the seat did IMO.

let me know if you need anymore help.

100_1407.jpg

100_1460.jpg

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Guido.... Nice Ride!!

I like the addition of the ProTaper bars and your attention to detail.

The nuts on the inside are a great start... but I'd rather see a strip of 1/4 thic steel.. about 3/4" wide and long enough to have both support holes in the seat go thru it...

Drill and tap it for 1/4-20 cap screws... this will distribute the load on the plastic a bit more for those times you take a side shot to the seat. The 2007 seats have a "nut plate" like this inside..

I have seen some people run sheet metal screws here and pull out of the seat... the ride back to the trailer sucks with the seat bungie corded to the support.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Guido.... Nice Ride!!

I like the addition of the ProTaper bars and your attention to detail.

THANK YOU very much...always great to hear compliments and ecspecially from those who have seen pretty much everything before..so thanks Eric..

i like your addition to the seat support as well...i actually have pretty big washers inside my seat and have the seat Rivoted to my support bracket..never had an issue and its been great, but every once in a while, i wonder if the rivots could wobble out and loosen the seat...like you said..wouldnt be a fun ride back with a wobbly seat..

i am in the works about a custom seat cover so if it comes through, i thnk i will use your idea and run the plate in there with some nice long bolts just to make sure its not going anywhere..

thanks as always..

BTW..just got the 09 front end ordered from FTX..should be here soon..along wit hteh SKINZ 09 front bumper...OH YEH...sorry, had to tell someone, lol...

H
Jan 9, 2008
Woodland, WA
THANK YOU very much...always great to hear compliments and ecspecially from those who have seen pretty much everything before..so thanks Eric..

i like your addition to the seat support as well...i actually have pretty big washers inside my seat and have the seat Rivoted to my support bracket..never had an issue and its been great, but every once in a while, i wonder if the rivots could wobble out and loosen the seat...like you said..wouldnt be a fun ride back with a wobbly seat..

i am in the works about a custom seat cover so if it comes through, i thnk i will use your idea and run the plate in there with some nice long bolts just to make sure its not going anywhere..

thanks as always..

BTW..just got the 09 front end ordered from FTX..should be here soon..along wit hteh SKINZ 09 front bumper...OH YEH...sorry, had to tell someone, lol...

If you don't mind me askin, how much did the 09 front cost you?

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com
I installed the raw seat support bracket onto my 06 3 years ago. I used rivnuts and a steel plate. I installed the plate into the seat and then installed 1/4-20 rivnuts into the seat with them anchored in the plate. It has held up great for 3 seasons now, very sturdy in the back.

I used the Polaris seat support bracket part #1015424-067 I think it cost $40 from the dealer.

I used Rivnuts like these:

http://www.cardinalcomponents.com/fasteners.htm

I also used a large 4-bar taillight that I mounted to the seat support bracket to keep it low profile.

like this one;
http://startinglineproducts.com/catalog.cfm?pageID=detail&catalogID=3&catID=16&productID=80

Looks like this installed:

IMG_0761.jpg

DSC01608.jpg

I also did the 09 front end conversion, the kit cost me $430, I sold my old plastics for $300, well worth the $130 and my time to install it.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
i have a raw chassis seat support bar off my 09 if anybody is interested in it to do this mod... would take $15 + frt for it.
pm if interested

P
Nov 27, 2007
When i had my fusion i bought an 06 rmk seat from ebay, new dragon seat support and a taillight from a polaris sportsmen quad also from ebay. It worked great but i also added a 2008 dragon seat wedge to hide the gas tank. I had to trim the bottom of it to fit but it really cleaned up the look.

Premium Features