• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What gears in your TM8?

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
Just trying to figure out what I want. Who is running the stock 57/63 and who has gone lower? Would you do it again? Those that have gone lower, do you ever feel like it limits track speed?

T

TurboM700

Nov 26, 2007
St. Anthony MN
I think you want to go higher like 60/60 you want to load the turbo up and get it spoiled faster. I know it doesn't sound right but trust me it does work.

J
Nov 27, 2007
"lower gearing is alos huge for belt life "
Can anyone please tell me what this means?
I have 60/60 currently and am not satisfied with the lack of low end upon start off. I am planning on trying 55/65's this season and if they are to low I will put them on the stock M8 and try the 57/60's on the boosted sled.

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
I am planning on gearing down to 55/65 or 54/66. My M1000 mod loved lower gearing for belt life and boondocking. Hopefully the M8T will too.

I don't really buy the need to gear up for trackspeed arguements. A stock geared M8 will pull 100MPH shifted all the way out. I doubt my PGT M8 will need that much legs hauling my fat *** up the hill. I am looking for instant throttle response in the trees.

Last edited:

kraftymike

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bozeman, Mt
I just went to a BDX Lite diamond drive on my M8T pg. I looked into a gearing change but BoonDockers recomended to stay with stock. So far they have not steered me incrorrectly.

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
I've had some fun with reeds....:mad:

the latest and greatest is to double up some stock M1000 reeds, dont cut the top reeds, just double them one on the other, i know it sounds crazy and should make the reed more stiff, but it works fine and lasts much longer

Also, when changing reeds, the top reeds should be bad and not the bottom, so use the bottom reeds up top to be cheap

Ran tony duka reeds twice, they did not last longer then stock reeds.....so?

Premium Features