• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch removal, quick help needed

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
Hey there, I'm trying to pull my primary on my RT1000, and I'm useing a freinds puller for his 800 rev , just need to make sure it's the same puller?

I have it threaded in there and I cranked it tighter then I thought it would take and it ain't coming off, is there something I'm missing.

M
Apr 26, 2009
Cambridge Idaho
If you can not get it, try taking the puller out and putting some grease in there, and try again. The idea is to get the puller to force the grease into the taper and force the clutch off using hydraulic pressure.

J
Dec 30, 2007
snoqualmie wa.
I just pull the bolt out and use a 4 pound dead blow between the sheaves.Place the head between and hit the handle , rotate 180 and repeat!!
The outer sheave will pop off and you dont have to worry about alinement.
Good luck!:beer;

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
I got it, ended up greasing the puller real good, tighten it up as tight as I could then poured boiling water down between the sheeves and then taped lightly with a soft mallet in the direction of removal and it ended up coming off.

I did not want to hit anything to hard and I've heard it is bad for the crank bearings.

Thanks for the fast results, it was a borrowed puller and I wanted to be able to send it home.

D

deep_doo

Nov 30, 2007
Sheridan
I got it, ended up greasing the puller real good, tighten it up as tight as I could then poured boiling water down between the sheeves and then taped lightly with a soft mallet in the direction of removal and it ended up coming off.

I did not want to hit anything to hard and I've heard it is bad for the crank bearings.

Thanks for the fast results, it was a borrowed puller and I wanted to be able to send it home.

yeah no need for pounding on it i put the sled on its side poor water in the bolt hole and teflon tape on the threads of the puller thread it in put oit back on its skis and tighten and it always pops right off

yeah no need for pounding on it i put the sled on its side poor water in the bolt hole and teflon tape on the threads of the puller thread it in put oit back on its skis and tighten and it always pops right off

Definitely the easiest way to get the clutch off. I couldn't believe how little torque I had to put on my 3/8" ratchet when I pulled the clutch off my brother's sled. Very slick method.

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
x3 on the water

X3 on water in the hole, after reading this trick on here, I had to try it the first chance I got. Works so good I'll never waste money on a clutch puller again.

Premium Features