• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The Thing Can, Any opinions bad or good!

B

Bburrap

Dec 1, 2008
Squamish BC
Yeah I just picked up the The Thing can, does anyone have any experience with this can? I just took off the whisper quiet SLP can to replace it with the Thing.

Was just hoping for a couple of good words toward this...Thing. I also had wanted to know if this can was a good fit on your XP?

Thanks

O
Aug 17, 2009
I have never run the THING...But one thing is certain TurboAL spends alot of time in the field testing and i believe he wouldn't build a product that didn't meet or exceed the standard.

OT

Last edited:
S

sled-fiend

Nov 27, 2006
Victoria, BC
www.raintek.ca
I ran the ceramic coated "thing" on my M8 and I've got a friend with one on his xp. IMO best sounding can for the XP with hps in second running. Good choice:beer;

B

Bburrap

Dec 1, 2008
Squamish BC
Fitment

I ran the ceramic coated "thing" on my M8 and I've got a friend with one on his xp. IMO best sounding can for the XP with hps in second running. Good choice:beer;

Your buddy, did he have any problems with the fitment of the can, it doesn't seem to sit flush or as well as I think it should. Any chance that your buddies on here? I'd love to get a pic to see if his sits the same.

Thanks

Will it hurry up and Snow already!

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
Can't go wrong with the Thing Can.
Lots and lots of testing guys at the sled shed did on them. Al wouldn't sell something that doesn't work.

B

Bburrap

Dec 1, 2008
Squamish BC
TurboAl How to get in touch with?

Does this TurboAl still frequent this site? Got a question on his product that I think he can only answer. Who knows?

T
Jun 17, 2008
no snow on the ground so i am here .
over the years we get a few that have a problem fitting cans in there sleds .
the fit is very tight and we are trying to keep the main pipe sitting properly .
were the can slides down on the rail were the rubber is there is a small rubber tit extending above the rail , apx 1/4 inch , can shave this off to get the can to sit a lottle lower if you like .
watch that the main pipe is coming back to its original place .there are two front springs that can pull the main pipe forward and make the install not seem correct.
useing the two left over spring at the bottom of the can , spring down in a v shape to the inner rail, at the bottom of the can , this helps keep it straight when used .
we have had guys buy them and when there in town to sled stop in and ask us to install them as they couldnt figure it out . takes us a minute and normally the guys asking what he was doing wrong . is were we found that it can be hard to fit as it is a very tight fit .
early xp cans were off a bit on the exit cone but only i think the first 10 or so
changed the jig and since then it has been good.

I
Ran the Thing on my 02,05,07 and 09. Never and issue. Run the loud version.
Buddy has the quite one on his 08 and sometimes I think it is louder then mine. I have on for an 07 XRS if anyone is interested.

B

Bburrap

Dec 1, 2008
Squamish BC
What Y and pipe combo?

no snow on the ground so i am here .
over the years we get a few that have a problem fitting cans in there sleds .
the fit is very tight and we are trying to keep the main pipe sitting properly .
were the can slides down on the rail were the rubber is there is a small rubber tit extending above the rail , apx 1/4 inch , can shave this off to get the can to sit a lottle lower if you like .
watch that the main pipe is coming back to its original place .there are two front springs that can pull the main pipe forward and make the install not seem correct.
useing the two left over spring at the bottom of the can , spring down in a v shape to the inner rail, at the bottom of the can , this helps keep it straight when used .
we have had guys buy them and when there in town to sled stop in and ask us to install them as they couldnt figure it out . takes us a minute and normally the guys asking what he was doing wrong . is were we found that it can be hard to fit as it is a very tight fit .
early xp cans were off a bit on the exit cone but only i think the first 10 or so
changed the jig and since then it has been good.

What might you suggest for a Y and a pipe to go with the Thing? That BMP Y looks good with the spec sheet to prove it, but is there something else that that might also run well with it?

Premium Features