• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 Dragon Warranty?

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
Didn't the snowchecks come with a 3 year warranty? I got some mail from polaris yesterday asking if I wanted to extend my 1 year warranty.
Thanks.

P
Nov 27, 2007
YOu had to choose the 3 year warranty when snow checking because there were other options. I took the 3 years warranty but i still got the letter in the mail the other day. I think it may go out to everyone who purchased one regardless off warranty.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Yep, you do have to choose. If you chose to go with the rebates (I think they were $500), then you don't get the extended warranty. Depends what you agreed on with your dealer.

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
Got the same letter, I took the rebate, but I was told that I would still have a two year warranty on the engine.

C
Feb 28, 2008
You all received written contracts from the warranty company through your dealer when you bought your sled, and every one of those contracts has a specific start date AND "term months" circled on it. Dig it out and read it (it says Polaristar at the top)...it's the only way for you to know for sure exactly what you have.

When I snowchecked my 08 Dragon, I chose the extended warranty and my written contract says it starts 09/28/07 and has a 48 month term circled. So that means my warranty expires September 28, 2011. And yes, one year later I got this same letter in the mail that you're asking about. I suspect all new Polaris buyers get them, and many of us who have contracts like mine that don't expire until 2011 can just throw the letters away and ignore them...and still be fully covered.

Last edited:
Premium Features