• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ADBoivin "G-Force" Shock

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
Hey guys, I haven't been to the ADB website for a long time and I just saw in the manual section that ADB came up with some kind of a fix for the falling rate acting of the ZX2 suspension on the shocks: they call it "G-Force"

http://www.adboivin.com/Afficher.aspx?page=497&langue=en&modeAffichage=0&Approb=1

I like the idea : it is basically what looks like a second piston that acts as floating piston that only works on the compression shimstack side, mounted on a spring at the very bottom of the shock. That offers extra compression dampening when the first piston/rod gets deep enough in its travel and "pushes" it.

That might be something we can use to retrofit all the stock shocks to get the stock suspension to feel stiffer "at the end of stroke" .

I validated with my Hawk manual and they seem to use the same Shock body and parts (same part number on the body at least) and one thing is sure though this stack of parts might eat, about i'd say 3/4" (maybe more maybe less) of your 3.5" shock travel. (MIGHT eat 3/4" because i can't say if our stock shock's piston gets to the very bottom of the shock body...). IF so, it is not a big deal anyway according to me because the amount of travel we get from that last 3/4" was so off the scale "falling rate ratio wise" that we better not go there at all.

I bet they're gonna offer this as a retrofit. What I still don't like about that is we'll still have to work with an externally unadjustable piece of shiaock. If the valving isn't right... well you have to open it and get your hands dirty (& spend some precious winter tiiiiiiiiime) getting the twin shock out of there dissasembling them and trying different stacks of shims... and this is if you even know how all that stuff works !!! I'd rather use a screwdriver and get closer to what I want by turning 2 screws...

That's one of the reason I decided to design & build my own suspension & rails a few months ago already... I gave up trying to make the stocker setup to work the way I wanted...

T.

Premium Features