• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shopping for a new Sled Trailer.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I am in the market for a new trailer and would appreciate some feedback from people that have already gone down this path and who could help me avoid making a mistake that I will have to live with for years to come.

This trailer MUST be a multi-Purpose beast.

Needs to haul ATVs (2 polaris RZRs), Quads & cycles in the summer.

Needs to haul 4 long sleds in the winter.

Needs to haul all manner of "stuff" from time to time.
Have put over 10,000lbs of "stuff" when I moved from Lake Havasu Az up to Rigby ID, so real capacity is important, and I would be OK with tripple axles.

I am looking in the +/- 29ft range.

I have looked at the Interstate All-Sport.
I have an interstate cargo trailer, and in general I would say it is a real economy unit.

Have looked at the Wells Cargo trailer, and they seem VERY sturdy and well built.

Have looked at the Mirage Extreme Snow, and am thinking that their Extreme Sport might work nicely.

Soooo
I am looking for comments from anyone who has a trailer that would/could do this and is happy with it, or someone that bought what they thought was a good trailer only to find out it was a turd and would never buy it again.

Toll

Premium Member
Oct 30, 2008
www.miragetrailers.com
I would give James at American Trailer Sales a call 208-562-8796. He is out of Boise and can help fit you to a trailer. I work for Mirage so my opinions may be a little biased, but we can build you a trailer that you will love and appreciate for years. Feel free to call the factory and get a little more info on the '09 Mirage Xtreme Sport model. If you decide to call us, ask for Rob or Ken.

I hope this helps.

S
Oct 21, 2004
Puyallup, WA
If i were you I would buy an aluminum trailer. The one Whitefish has for sale is the best deal out there. The add on's get crazy expensive in a hurry. His is setup and ready to go. I cant believe it hasn't sold yet!:confused:

Wells Cargo, Triton and Featherlite all make some really nice trailers that can be built to suit your exact needs. I'd be glad to work something up for you in any or all of these brands. We can do anything you want and built it with loads of quality. I'd sure help you if I can.
Thank you,

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
I have a Legend 27x7' that has served me well. Its only a 7K GVW trailer though. Barely holds 4 162's. Does well with my JD 2210 with loader, attachments, etc. Plus it has moved a lot of friends....

The 7 wide pulls nice at 75MPH, but I would not go quite that narrow again. Maybe 7'6" would be perfect. No mater what you do do not get an deck over. The fender boxes are not a big deal and the lower overall height is was easier to pull long distance.

I guess it all depends on the pull vehicle too.

..SNAKEBIT..

Lifetime Membership
Jun 24, 2004
Iowa
I agree with nubulin
I would reccomend a 8.5x24 +5
car trailer with a 5ft v-nose
5200# 15" tires or
6000# 16" tires

Premium Features