• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

8" Rear Idlers with offset axle

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
All right here's the answer...

http://www.mountainmachines.us

These guys must have something for you. You might have to call them though and you could tell them that the inside measurment from one rail to the other is 8.500" and need an offset axle to fit 8", stock wheel size is 6.500" so the axle has to be .750" offset...

Thierry

E
Feb 2, 2009
Bellaire, Michigan
Got it~!

Need to plug Jason and Jeremy from Idaho Precision Machining. They worked with me to get the right offset axle for my hawk and have a billet set of 8" wheels powder coated black coming along with it. Two more weeks of work in Texas, but I will post pictures when I get it installed. Should work great and free up some power for my 503.

Why do they call it the 503 when it is only 496.7cc?

E
Feb 2, 2009
Bellaire, Michigan
bad news`

had to send back the axle kit and get a different one. Track was way to tight when it was installed, so need an axle that offsets vertically and horizontally to free up some track tension. ill keep everybody updated.

E
Feb 2, 2009
Bellaire, Michigan
I did get it to work.... they sent me a new kit that offset the axle up and forward. This freed up enough space to get the suspension in and not overtighten the track. Works great. My 503 will do 64.5 MPH with no other engine mods and a full 9gallon tank of fuel!

O
Nov 26, 2007
Gig Harbor,WA
8" Wheels

So if you see this post anytime soon can you tell us what you had to do or modify to get the 8" wheels in place. I see that you put your adjustment blocks on the inside of the frame rails. Did you have to do anything else or did it bolt right in place. What about your flat how did you attach that back in place. More pictures would be great.

Thanks
Todd

D

drphil

Nov 26, 2007
could you run 136 rails and 8 inch wheels and a 144 track?

Premium Features