• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New mod project build

M
Jun 15, 2009
Marshfield, WI.
Hi guys just thought i would share my build with u as i go . i will have pics comming soon . the basics are a 97 polaric sks bulkhead with a coustom ve hillclimb tunnel and 1200 wc triple

C

chadkrump

May 26, 2008
Amenia ND
That should be a pretty sweet build, you will definitely have to post pics on it as you build it...

CK

M
Jun 15, 2009
Marshfield, WI.
Well i have the new boss seat and gen ll gas tank here and the tunnel should be here end of next week i will get some pics up this week end of the start of the sled and tear down thanks for looking.

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
i do not mean this offensive towards you at all but i'm gonna ask.... Why are people still building this stuff???!!!! even if you build this thing with all used parts, you'll be into for AT LEAST 5 to 6 grand. for that price, you could buy an 08 xp or a m8 that would crush that sled. i just dont see why people still try to build this old, un reliable iron. technology is so far advanced it's ridiculous

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Don't think you're going to find any new stock sled that will even come close to a 1200 wc, no matter what chassis it's in.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
i do not mean this offensive towards you at all but i'm gonna ask.... Why are people still building this stuff???!!!! even if you build this thing with all used parts, you'll be into for AT LEAST 5 to 6 grand. for that price, you could buy an 08 xp or a m8 that would crush that sled. i just dont see why people still try to build this old, un reliable iron. technology is so far advanced it's ridiculous

vdog,
That 1200 will be pumpin out 240+hp! It would hang with most turbo M8s!

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
vdog,
That 1200 will be pumpin out 240+hp! It would hang with most turbo M8s!

sure, in a straight line drag race, it'd be fast.... but any other situation it would not be comparable. you can't tell me a sks bulkhead with a ve tunnel is gonna be nearly as fun to ride or manuverable as a m series or xp or iq

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
sure, in a straight line drag race, it'd be fast.... but any other situation it would not be comparable. you can't tell me a sks bulkhead with a ve tunnel is gonna be nearly as fun to ride or manuverable as a m series or xp or iq

I'd happily ride anything that wasn't an XP!;)

S
Mar 5, 2005
Boise, Id

CRUSH? A 1200 WC? What color is the sky in your world?

Manowar, get some pics up as you progress with this, I'm sure we would all like to see....:beer;

M
Jun 15, 2009
Marshfield, WI.
Here are some pics of it before teardown and my new seat and gas tank i got the motor plate and some outher stuff that i dont have pics of yet.

and vdog i know what u are saying i have rode newer sleds and they handle nicely but i just feel beter on a older stile chassy and it would cost more than dubble to build a newer chasy and then there is the fact that the engine and pipes dont fit unless u go with the IQR and im not partical to its center of gravity. and to top it all off no one elts will be riding one that looks just like mine.:face-icon-small-hap

andrew10.jpg andrew 1.jpg andrew9.jpg andrew7.jpg andrew8.jpg andrew3.jpg andrew5.jpg

L

lynxer292b

Jan 19, 2009
Cool project!!! I am excited to see the progress! it is great to see people making something that they like and what they want. Also saving a sled from being detroyed. Post some more pictures!!!!! Should make a cool sled!

U
Nov 28, 2007
Alaska

WTF :confused: obviously you haven't rode a custom built sled with tons of power :D just stay with your XP . stock rules for guys like you LOL

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
who says i have an xp?? i have an m1000. i'm not bashing this guy, if he wants to build it, thats cool. i just feel the fun factor of a m series or xp or iq chassis greater than the hp of a watercraft tripple on a dinosar chassis. obviously i shouldn't have posted my opinion...

Premium Features