• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

battery for truck

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
What is a fair priced basttery lasting a while?

Need a group 78 battery.

Seems all the batteries I buy at $100 last 3 years or less and die.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
What is a fair priced basttery lasting a while?

Need a group 78 battery.

Seems all the batteries I buy at $100 last 3 years or less and die.

Don from years of selling battieries in my shop , and trying them all..go buy a interstate megatron...they normally cost 5-10 bucks more then the average battery but they will normally go 5-7 yrs as long as you dont let them freeze in the winter...they are a far better battery then the others out there as far as construction and quality....

mysledblows

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
Well I know nothing of the group sizing, I've been running the same Optima red top in my truck for 7 years here in MN. It's seen 100F and -40F and hasn't missed a beat yet. Plows a little snow now and then too (when the weather cooperates:( )

R
Jan 26, 2009
Spokane, WA
Don from years of selling battieries in my shop , and trying them all..go buy a interstate megatron...they normally cost 5-10 bucks more then the average battery but they will normally go 5-7 yrs as long as you dont let them freeze in the winter...they are a far better battery then the others out there as far as construction and quality....

Yep interstate batteries are the best. Never kill your batteries they will only come back to about 85-90 percent. I am very particular about mine.

Premium Features