• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What is the best DIY bed liner?

W

wsellars

Feb 19, 2008
Pullman Wa
Looking for opinions on what has worked/looks the best. I have read a few good reviews for herculiner but not sure about it yet. I want to coat the tube steps I am in the process of building,and maybee even the bed if the product looks and is strong enough. Thanks in advance, Wsellars.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
I was wondering the same thing. Herc is readily available for sure, but my main concern is thickness/durability.

R
Nov 27, 2007
Bozeangelas
Ive had the herculiner in my garage for about a year now, but rather than being able to do that i had to put new heads on. Now instead of doing a liner i need to do a slave cylinder on my clutch... well if i ever get around to it, i will take lots of pics and let you guys know how it turns out...

ndmtnsledder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
ND
Ive used herculiner on a pickup and trailer and it works good. Big thing was dont get it to thick. Stays kinda rubbery and if you do go through it its more of a scratch that can be repaired. No linex though. I also used a duplicolor oner on another trailer and that was bad. Got real hard wouldnt scratch but came off in sheets.

W

wsellars

Feb 19, 2008
Pullman Wa
Thanks for the replies, going to try the herculiner on the steps first and see how it turns out. Should have them done in a week or so. Will post some pics when its done.

W

wsellars

Feb 19, 2008
Pullman Wa
Finally got them done today. Fabbed up everything myself and the Herculiner worked out great. No complaints about the liner easy to apply and touch ups are very easy to do. Probably going to try it out on the bed for the next project. Better pics to come.
shopsprague082.jpg

shopsprague065.jpg

shopsprague070.jpg

Premium Features