• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

side panel vents for a 700 dragon?

R

rockin rmk

Oct 27, 2002
Great Falls MT
last weekend while out riding i would check my clutches to see how hot they were getting after climbing. with the panels on they would get hot and engine temp was 126. took panels off climbed a few times clutches ran cooler temps dropped to 116. so now i want some side panel vents. but i dont know wich ones. i have a slp shock tower vent that is already torn. so i dont want the flimsy material that they are made of. i have not seen any others on the hill to see what kind of material they are made of. any suggestions? besides slp.

R
Sep 1, 2001
Maple Grove, MN
I have the 2cool vents on mine. I will need to put a bit more venting by the foot well and up near the shock tower but I like the 2cool vents. Strong and great people to get them from on here.

sleddin pete

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Summit County Colorado
I've got Carls Cycle metal shock panel vent and Holz knee panel vents.1700 miles and still on my second belt::D(definately not a skidont)
Pete

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
2 cools here, Bashed the crap out of them and they still look like new
91c29c34.jpg

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
X2 on the 2cools, great people to work with and the product really takes a beating and performs well, I didn't even need shock tower vents on mine, and belt life is great

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
what kind of material is the 2cool vents made out of ? can you run it through the trees and not worry about it ?
I do not recommend it, but if you look at my avatar you can actually run your sled INTO trees and they hold up haha.

It is really tough material, it's tough like pet screen material, and the clutch side does have prefilter behind it.

D

Dimebag

Mar 11, 2009
I purchased the xxxmodrods side vent kit. Have not mounted them yet as my sled is at the dealer after a seizure, but the vent panels looks REALLY great. Fast shipping and low price. And i live in Norway.

Thank you xxxmodrods. Will buy the front intake from them also, no doubt about that..

L
Aug 2, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
ON those xxxmodrod vents....do they include a prefilter? How do you stop the snow from getting on your clutch??? I know some come with the prefilter and the mesh and others with just the mesh......same in the shock tower vents. Just curious because obviously I don't want snow or water on my clutches.

MOWER800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Layton Utah
2cool vents

the prob with changing vent brands is they might be differant sizes so you can send your frames to tammy at 2cool and she can fix them up right if they are alum frames thats what I did with mine

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
I have the JT side panel vents on mine. The mesh is a pet screen type stuff. Like a screen door just a LOT tougher. I ride trees and I think they will hold up just fine. No pre filter though. We will see if the clutches stay dry on not. Here's a few pics of how mine look. Sorry for the cell phone pics. The red sled is not mine, pulled the pic from their web site.

new snow and sledding trip 089.jpg new snow and sledding trip 091.jpg JT SIDE PANEL VENTS.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
side panel vents

my 05 900, i have ones from a guy in ebay (longtracks edge) and they are EXCELLENT, has a pre-filter on the clutch side...ran all last year with zero issues and was always dry..LOVE THEM..check his ebay link below!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Polaris-IQ-RMK-...ries?hash=item4a957a2849&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
100_1457.jpg

My wife has side panel vents from Mountain Fit Hoods (also has a pre-filter and works GREAT!!(send him a PM on here Mountain Fit
http://stores.homestead.com/williammoore/StoreFront.bok
mountainfitsidepanel.jpg

i have also dealt with the owner of Mo-Flow Vents (mike)...outstanding guy and great items as well. you can send him a PM on here (SnowBound) or check his ebay auctions out, or go to his website
http://moflowvents.com/
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mo-Flow-Polaris...ries?hash=item29fe8fdfdf&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
sidepanelvents.jpg

ronniehotdogg

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
xxxmodrods doing early season sales on side vents $60 for a set black, red , or white

all clutch side vents have a second layer of prefilter to keep even the finest of powder out.

modrods.com

Premium Features