• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'08 f-150

rideon

Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2008
Bountiful, Ut
Looking to get a bit more power and hopefully economy from my truck. I am looking for real world results from various aftermarket enhancements such as: K&N filtercharger, Edge computer, exhaust kits, etc. Please advise what benifits are being observed on this vehicle. Trying to detemine if any of these products are worth the money. Please be objective, exagerating results will not help anyone......

Thanks in advance for the information.

B
Jan 20, 2009
I found that the intake was worth every penny on my 04 F150 5.4. Also herd good things about the edge programmers. Also a roush or magnaflow cat back exhaust should help( I have a slightly diffrent set up for exhaust on my 04. 2 cats with a straight pipe)WHAT EVER YOU DO DONT GET A THROTTLE BODY SPACER!! Got one on mine took it out after a week. Found the truck ran better with out it. now its a $100 decoration in my shop

turboyammy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Billings
I've had good results from my AEM intake and Edge tuner, exhaust didn't do anything but make it sound better. Tried a BBK throttle body, DON'T DO THAT. Put it right back on Ebay, truck ran much better with the stock throttle body. A friend of mine said the best mod he made to his 5.4 was the Granatelli mass air meter, seat of the pants difference was great.

Premium Features