• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What powerbooster for ford F250 7.3

B
Jan 20, 2009
Thats what my dad has for his 02 7.3. Works good but the only thing is under hard throttle it trips the engine light. edge says its normal and the light doesn't effect the performance. Engine light goes out again after a few minutes. Other than that it seems to work good. I would also look at Dp or SCT tuners. Supposed to be good for the fords

K
Dec 17, 2008
penticton, b.c.
i have an '03 super duty with the 7.3 in it. i'm running a superchips 1705 max-micro tuner, an afe cold air intake, and afe 4" exhaust. all in all, good power gains, and good fuel mileage, especially in the "hot" mode!:D

fastlane

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
southern Minnesota
Edge juice or Evolution works great on the 7.3L, you can go with a hypertech max energy or superchip as well they are a bit cheaper but no egt gauge which is a important feature, I am a dealer for all of them, you can call me at 507-533-6674, we can ship international. Thanks terry

P
Mar 21, 2009
Kennewick, Wa
from what i've heard a custom chip from tony wildman is the way to go with the 7.3 stroker. and lookin at this site they look pretty affordable compared to some of the others.

http://www.stealth-automotive.com/tony-wildman-chip.html

Dp-Tuner, Tony Wildman, Diesel Innovations, Swamps Diesel, are four great tuners for the 7.3 Powerstroke. Forget about superchips, edge, bankc, sleezebay, and anything else you can thing of cause they don't work.

Pm me if you have any further questions

Cowboy Steve

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I've got the Edge EvoII because I wanted digital gauges. So far I'm really happy with it. I run it in the 80hp "race" mode for everything, towing included.

I'll get a DP tuner eventually, but not until I do what I can to keep the trans alive.

himarker

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2002
Prescott, Washington
best performance mod for a 7.3? (remove 7.3, install 5.9, never look back)

hahaha

i have heard good things about SCT and EDGE. Im not all that familiar with the 7.3, but i would suggest a edge with digital guages all in one, a lot easier IMO.

himarker

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
My dad has a edge evalution in his 97 7.3 and I was really dissapointed in the power,the 100hp mode feels like 40hp gain. Time to try something different here.

Premium Features