• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone recently bought out their leased pick-up?

B
Nov 26, 2007
North Vancouver
I'm looking at doing the buyout of my '06 megacab, and I'm wondering if anyone else has done it recently?
They'd have to make me a kick-azz deal on an '09 before I would get one. I'd rather have the 2010 mega.

Hoping that they'll knock about 5 or 6 grand off of the buyout.

I'll probably buy it out and put an exhaust brake on it, and new tires--- my payments will be lower, as long as there are no big mechanical surprises in the next couple of years.

BD

B
Nov 26, 2007
North Vancouver
$30K.... Yeah, if holdovers are still on the lot from 08, that might work in my favour. This dealer has very few if any 09s. They have been calling me to find out what I'm going to do all week, and I'm playing them to see what they'll do.

S
Nov 21, 2007
manitoba
$30K.... Yeah, if holdovers are still on the lot from 08, that might work in my favour. This dealer has very few if any 09s. They have been calling me to find out what I'm going to do all week, and I'm playing them to see what they'll do.

I saw the add on canoe.ca

A dealer bought 400 ram trucks, diesels and suvs and are blowing them out at rock bottom prices. If i had use for a diesel thats where id go.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Kinda depends what the buyout is to determine if it's worth it. If the buyout is less than what they're selling for, I'd just buy it out. If the buyout is more than it's market value right now...let it go back. Depending on what your rate was, you may have trouble getting back into an equivalent new truck for similar payment because the leasing plans have all gone to hell for those guys. Sounds like you have to make payments regardless, so if you can get a new truck and the payment fits your budget....that's kinda hard to pass up.

If it's anything like our Toyota leases, the buyout is fixed so them "knocking off" anything is out of the question. Domestics have all kinds of goofy finance/leasing options tho, so I'm not sure how its set up.

Last edited:
R

robertyoke

Dec 26, 2007
colorado
I'm looking at doing the buyout of my '06 megacab, and I'm wondering if anyone else has done it recently?
They'd have to make me a kick-azz deal on an '09 before I would get one. I'd rather have the 2010 mega.

I'll probably buy it out and put an exhaust brake on it, and new tires--- my payments will be lower, as long as there are no big mechanical surprises in the next couple of years.

BD

if you want a mega cab then get a 09......because there not gona be 'round in 2010. the '10's will be the new body style...quad cab and crew cab....no mega cab.

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008

BD

I am in a similar situation. My lease runs out in June on my 06 1 ton Laramie quad long box. Not sure what to do, love the truck but don't want to pay 38,000 for the buyout.

R

robertyoke

Dec 26, 2007
colorado
Actually, there WILL be a 2010 megacab....

look at the www.turbodieselregister.com and see the press release, with photos.

The dealers cant be relied upon for news....

i stand corrected....thats great. but time they give us some options like ford and cheby.....just never could buy a ford after the way they treated buyers of the pos 6.oh no psd boat anchor....chebys are ok for getting groceries and light duty towing...not a work truck

B
Nov 26, 2007
North Vancouver
The Chrysler Lease "Renegotiation" Team

OK,
So I got a call from the Chrysler financial, and it was like talking to some Eastern Bloc country.... "We do not negotiate with lease contracts" in your best Ahnold voice....

Buyout is $33K, and they will not move a dollar.

They said that the dealer cannot do anything as it isnt their truck, its Chrysler's and they do not mark down leases... ouch.

I called my dealer, and he said he was baffled by it, too, because he had a lot of people that would have bought out their lease, if they had come down a bit... A contract is a contract, but pull your head out of the sand, Chrysler...

I can keep the lease going for another 6 months, then the 2010's will be in...They just got in their first 2009 on the lot. Sounds like 2009s are going to be rare vehicles. And the "killer" incentives... $3500 off an 09... ooooooh!
wow.
:face-icon-small-ton

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
For that kind of money....let them keep it. Unless you're way over on kms, have damage, etc...then things get more interesting for you.

Premium Features