• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dodge lifts

I have decided that it is time to lift my 06 Dodge 3500 but have not decided whether 4 or 6 inches and which maker to buy from. I had a good expierence with a Sky Jacker 4" lift on my 02 Ram 3500. I'm trying to fit 35"s and price is not a concern, if that helps. Post pics if you have em' (kinda wanna see what my truck will look like)

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
07 MegaCab 2500. Hell Bent Steel Leveling kit. 35x12.5x20 Toyo Mts on 20" KMC Monsters. Picture doesnt do it justice i should take another one while its clean and in the sun.

small Front.JPG

That makes sense

Sweet, this is going to be easier than I thought. I have never heard of Hell Bent Steel but that Mega Cab looks great so I think I'll be on google looking them up:D Thanks for info:beer;:beer;

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
What tranny and what gears?

I have 3.73s, 35s and the auto and I would not want to run any taller tire then a 35.

If I had 4.10s and 35s would probably be better for heavy towing.

And 4.10s would be fine with 37s.

If you have the manual, it doesn't really as much.

Honestly I think 4" and 35s looks good or 6" and 37s. But 6" is a big truck and you lose a little practicality.

The Fabtech or Skyjacker would be good choices. For smaller lifts with better ride quality, look at KORE, Carli, etc.

My 03 has the Kore setup with a 1.5" block in the back with Fox Remote Reservoirs all the way around. I am happy with that setup. Wouldn't mind another 3/4 inch in the front and some longer control arms though.

my03003.jpg

I am running an automatic tranny w/ stock gears. The suspension and body of the truck are bone stock, only the engine and tranny are modified. I am liking the Kore and Hell Bent Steel leveling kits. Were do you get those rocker panels? Good looking truck Glenn:D

P.S.- Glenn, whats that thing got underneath the hood for mods?

Last edited:
M
Feb 6, 2008
Draper, UT
If you're looking at performance suspension I'd definitely say go with a Thuren or Carli setup. Everyone on Cumminsforum that has these loves them.

I went with an el cheap tuff country lift because my truck never goes off road.. works well for how cheap it was and you can always buy better shocks to help with the ride.

DSCF3245.jpg

S
Nov 26, 2007
FU
I went with 17x9 Moto Metel with the largest tire i could fit. I really wish I did the leveling kit with 20's and 35's. That is what I am doing this summer :) I'll also be upgrading to Ranch 9000XL shocks

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
I am running an automatic tranny w/ stock gears. The suspension and body of the truck are bone stock, only the engine and tranny are modified. I am liking the Kore and Hell Bent Steel leveling kits. Were do you get those rocker panels? Good looking truck Glenn

P.S.- Glenn, whats that thing got underneath the hood for mods?

The auto was available with 4.10s or 3.73s. Definitely take your VIN to the dealer and figure out which you have.

I WOULD NOT RUN 37s with 3.73s IMO.

I would stick with the 35s and 2-5" lift with the 3.73s

Panels came with the truck, but these are the closest I've found

http://www.tstproducts.com/03-08stainlesscumminspowerlowerpanels.aspx

Mods are mild so far.

I have the Smarty programmer and cold air intake. I do have Isspro gauges and Goerend valvebody.

I have Airdog lift pump that I need to install.

I have an 07 5.9 turbo that should be here tomorrow.

I should have exhaust next week.

Work in progress. Goerend Converter is my next mod.

Dec 3, 2007
screw the leveling kit, you need something like this!

sickassdodge-1.jpg

Cant recall the MFG off the top of my head, but its a 10" lift and IIRC 38s

This one looks like it might actually work half decent in the mud. pretty hard to get an 8000lb+ truck with almost 5k on the front axle to actually go through the mud rather than to the bottom of it!

The-jeeps-of-Iceland-here-there-do-.jpg

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
mines only a 1500 but i went w/ the revtech leveling kit, and an add a leaf in the rear. with 35x13.5 cooper stt's on 20" diveno wheels

oh and a 509 rear window vinyl!

Gleen, it looks like I'm actually going to have to buy an OEM part;). Who is doing your exhaust? I got the MBRP 5" turbo back w/ 6 inch tip, I really like it. The only worry I had was that Widick Diesel recommended a 4inch down pipe for thier turbo but it hooked up just fine. My next upgrade is Snow meth/water injection. If you ever get the kit I have a 2.5 gallon res for it (went to 8 gallon)!!! Sweet pics guys, there is guy in E-burg who has a 10" lift with a 4 inch bodie lift on 44's:eek:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bought the Hell Bent Stell leveling kit.

Widick supplied turbo, bully dog propane, edge stage 5 injectors, AFE stage 2 intake, Hyper-Tec f/r diff coolers & tranny cooler, flex-a-lite fan, edge chip w/attitude monitor, bd intercooler, bd fuel pump, bd inter cooler hoses are whats there. A buddy had a really cool diesel in high school and after college I had disposable income and the rest is history. What are you thinking on for your cummins?

Premium Features