• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 800 Dragon check engine light

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Anyone know what all the flashing check engine light can mean? The owners manual only has 1 reference I can find to it, and that is it will flash 6 times if the DET sensor is bad or unhooked.

I don't think that is it... sled runs just fine, but that light flashes. If the DET sensor was bad it would be in limp mode and killing the power.

sled_guy

B
Dec 14, 2008
missoula
I had my sled in the shop and they flashed the ecu and when finished they forgot to reconnect one set of wires, mined flashed till I found the culprit and reconnected. problem gone, also performance was not an issue while light was flashing.:beer;

D
Dec 28, 2007
Mine flashed 5 times with a pause. It was a bad exhaust sensor. Had it replaced under warranty. Well my light just came on again. It seems to run about the same. Check the wires off the exhaust sensor and make sure there plugged in.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
It flashes 5 times. We pulled the exhaust sensor off another 800 and put it on and the light still flashes. But maybe there is some sort of reset that has to be done?

I talked to the dealer, they said to just swing it by and they would hook up the computer to it and check it.

sled_guy

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
its telling you to go to your dealer for a check up you can shut it off if you like or reset it

That's the "Service" warning. That isn't what I'm seeing. I already turned off the service warning. This is the actual red "check engine" light. Different.

sled_guy

G

gotvertical

Nov 26, 2007
Craig Colorado
check engine flash

sorry didnt read that close enough i havent had any problems yet with my dragon besides broken motor mount bolt did you take it to your dealer yet???

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Goes to the dealer tomorrow. I spoke with them today. 5 flashes is the pipe temp probe. I switched one in to it to check it, but the system has a reset in it... you have to start the machine and let the pipe come up to at least 250 degrees and then it re-reads the probe and resets the light.

It's under warranty, in to the dealer and they'll poke a new one in it for me.

sled_guy

Premium Features