• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Call from US congressman, Erik Paulsen MN

RIDECATS

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2002
MN
..... I was sitting home tonight and the home phone rang. I thought about not answering it thinking it was a "donation" request.

Pleasantly I was surprised by a phone call from my US congressional rep Erik Paulsen. I left him a message a fews days ago about my concerns as a snowmobiler and he called back to listen to my concerns. It felt good to "give some feedback". He ran as a conservative so I'm hoping our concerns as "equal access" users of our land is supported.

The call to him to 20 seconds and I'm hoping he remembers when it's time to vote on issues. I have my representatives in my cell phone and call them when I have some thought to share. It's OUR county and I'm taking some responsibility to let them know how I feel.

S

skooter

Dec 11, 2007
Montana
Nice!! I might try the phone calling thing...been emailing, but all I get back is a canned response usually contrary to my view.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
huh Tim Walz won't return calls...the one I did get back was from his aid.

Fact I called and wrote about the omnibus and he voted for them.

Waiting to hear what he has to say to my latest letter calling him out.

Tim,

You probably don't remember reading my previous email concerning the Omnibus Land Bill....well I'm almost certain you don't since you voted for the bill.

In my previous email I asked that you please vote against this bill.

"In an effort to pass these bills, the Senate recently packaged over 90 separate pieces of legislation together in an Omnibus Public Land Management bill. While I believe that much of this legislation is valuable and in the interest of the American people, I am concerned that lumping many diverse initiatives together makes it very difficult to judge each of them on their individual merits."

This quote from you should have made it clear to me that you are more concerned with keeping people from enjoying their National lands, vs making a stand and speaking out against massive bills that are pushed through with little time to study them. A goal that I thought you would have based upon the concern you expressed.

"rest assured that I will continue to carefully consider this legislation if I have the opportunity to vote on it and I will keep your thoughts in mind should such a bill be considered in the House."

Also this quote makes em wonder if it's even worth my time writing and calling(I did both in an effort to get you to cast a No vote on the issue).

After your actions on this bill, it would seem to me that you DID NOT keep my thoughts in mind. I don't know, perhaps many from SE MN called and wrote asking for a yes vote, but if that was the case why haven't we heard that?

I anxiously await your response. Heck if you want, you could come over and explain your actions over a beer next time you are back in MN.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
That's awesome, can't believe he actually took the time to call you back..that's pretty unheard of. If we all did this we probably wouldn't be the midget in the ultimate fighting cage.

I wrote mine who also voted yes on HR146 and told him thanks for making the next election and easy one for me.

M
Feb 5, 2008
MN
like that one patriotic song says...."This land is my land, this land is your land" And that's how it should be!!! SHARED! Not all Tree Hugger country!:mad:

RIDECATS

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2002
MN
Got 2nd call from Mr. Paulsen. It was more generic this time but still good to know that a simple message will still get you a call back :D

Premium Features