• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Drowned Dragon tips

D
Dec 9, 2007
Palmer,Alaska
Any tips for a dragon that was 6' under water. I pulled the plugs and pulled the cord till the water was out. It started and ran fine the 10 miles back to the trailer. The only damage I found was the blown headlights.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
you will be ok...put her in a shop for the seat to dry etc...make sure fuel is ok...you may want to disconnect as many elec connectors as you can and reconnect with dielectric grease applied..

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
She is in my heated garage now. I did notice that my fuel gauge shows near empty, it has a full tank.

bull, drain the tank..put in fresh fuel with red heat, change chaincase oil...drain and refill 2 stroke oil(bleed pump really good), dielectric grease all conections....and get it running again to get heat in the motor to dry it out good...crank the garage heat up for at least a day....

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
You already did the best thing that you could do for it. That is to get it started and running ASAP. That getting the motor warmed up, dried out, and lubed again. I realize that you did it more out of neccesity because of where you where, but that is always the best thing to do. Now like the others have said, pay attention to the electrical, and make sure to grease your skid front end driveshaft,jackshaft ect... You will be fine.

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
knock both clutches of it before they corrodes on

take the seat off and remove cover that sponge will hold water for ever

drain fuel and oil resovoirs and refill

get going againg and let er warm up good and again and again

plus all the stuff listed above

good luck:D

Premium Features