• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Loading 5 Sleds in Enclosed Trailer

S

snopro59

Nov 26, 2007
Yorkton, SK
Trying to figure out if our sleds will fit in the trailer for our trip next week.

Trailer is a 4 place enclosed, dimensions are 22 or 23 feet in the rectangle part with a 5 foot V nose. 8 feet wide.

Will 5 sleds fit in this trailer? If so how would you suggest loading them?

S
Feb 6, 2008
We have always been able to fit 5. First one right side all the way up to the door (so its basically in the v nose side ways) 3 more in like normal spread last 2 apart and put 5th one in backwards with skiies turned. tight but fits

R

robertyoke

Dec 26, 2007
colorado
they need to in backwards (load from the front) the last two get the tails split and the last sled goes between them. if your sled is 22 feet on the straight part and you are not all riding 174" tracks they will fit.

S

snopro59

Nov 26, 2007
Yorkton, SK
they need to in backwards (load from the front) the last two get the tails split and the last sled goes between them. if your sled is 22 feet on the straight part and you are not all riding 174" tracks they will fit.

Sounds good. We have a 162, a 153, and the other 3 are 136 or less.

J
Apr 5, 2008
LEWISTON,ID
Do what robertyoke suggested. I have a 24' enclosed that we put five sleds in 3-163" and 1-155". Loaded them from the front and split the two back ones and the 5th goes in v and between the other two. did not seem to matter which order we did it in.

Dec 3, 2007
Yup, the 2 up front in the V need to be backwards with the arse ends shoved into the V, the next to need to be facing forwards with their arse ends out against the sides of the trailer and the 5th shoved between those 2 backwards!

Or just get pissed off, load up the 4 facing forward side by side and launch the 5th one into the trailer and try to land somewhere ontop of the other 4 and deal with the mess when you get there... :D

S

snopro59

Nov 26, 2007
Yorkton, SK
Do what robertyoke suggested. I have a 24' enclosed that we put five sleds in 3-163" and 1-155". Loaded them from the front and split the two back ones and the 5th goes in v and between the other two. did not seem to matter which order we did it in.

So just to clarify. Drive the first 4 in from the front so they are facing the rear of the trailer. Spread the *** ends on the last 2 we load, then what way do we load the 5th sled? Will it fit driving in or should we back it in up the front ramp? Thanks guys, this is a big help!

K
Nov 27, 2007
Washington
I have 5 summit xp's on my 20 footer right now. first two in normal postion at the front. spread the tracks. back the 3rd one in between. Last 2 go on in normal position. Ski loops of those 3 are all under the A arms of each other.

No problem and I hooked all five down with the 4 wing bars.

Six sleds would be a little harder but maybe doable on my trailer. It is open.

Jeb

R

robertyoke

Dec 26, 2007
colorado
So just to clarify. Drive the first 4 in from the front so they are facing the rear of the trailer. Spread the *** ends on the last 2 we load, then what way do we load the 5th sled? Will it fit driving in or should we back it in up the front ramp? Thanks guys, this is a big help!

the last sled #5 will go in the same direction the skis will be under the #3 and #4 sled running boards and then the #5 sleds tail will be in the the front of the v
jjust make sure the #1 and #2 sleds are all the way to the rear and the #3 and #4 sleds are up there a$$es

4GR8X

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Star, ID
Quote:
Originally Posted by snopro59

the last sled #5 will go in the same direction the skis will be under the #3 and #4 sled running boards and then the #5 sleds tail will be in the the front of the v
jjust make sure the #1 and #2 sleds are all the way to the rear and the #3 and #4 sleds are up there a$$es

Greetings Snopro59,

Good stuff from Robertyoke!

Offered for your consideration, I found that after loading sled # 5 the ski loops of #5 would come into contact with the inside running boards of sleds # 3 and # 4, respectively. Forcing the ski loops on sled # 5 to bend towards the center line of the trailer. The snow plow effect wasn't terminal the skis did return to their normal alignment. However the riding experience was a little unsettling. To resolve the aforementioned issue after loading sled # 3 & # 4 we place under each ski a skid/rail road tie, additionally another skid/railroad tie cut to match the width of our tracks underneath the track, basically we elevated sleds # 3 & # 4 approximately 4" which allows the ski loops of sled # 5 to fit nicely underneath the running boards of # 3 & # 4. Good grief, I hope that makes sense…

Have fun, Craig.

R
Jan 26, 2009
Spokane, WA
With those track dimentions it will be a breeze, all you need to do is load them in through the nose and the third and fourth sled put the tracks aginst the wall. If it was me I would load the long tracks in first though. Plus if you load the in through the nose then you just drive them out in the parking lot unstead of movin them to line up to go out the nose.

R

robertyoke

Dec 26, 2007
colorado
Trying to figure out if our sleds will fit in the trailer for our trip next week.

Trailer is a 4 place enclosed, dimensions are 22 or 23 feet in the rectangle part with a 5 foot V nose. 8 feet wide.

Will 5 sleds fit in this trailer? If so how would you suggest loading them?

I'm no math genius but I'd say you are only getting 4 sleds in that 24 footer. :D

nope not a math genius here too but 22 or 23 ft + 5 ft v = 27 or 28 ft so yea it fits. i have a 29 foot wells cargo 24 ft on the side and it will fit 5 162's with a lot of room to spare.....i think 5 174's will fit but then it would be tight
the guys that i ride with all have 27 footers and they all fit 5 sleds

RMK4life

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
We always load our sleds in from the front so that theyre facing the back of the trailer. If you load the first four sleds like this then you can simply move the backend of the last 2 sleds over and ride the 5th one in. Its really pretty easy, I'll post some pics tomorrow cause I'm sure the way I explained it is confusing.

J
Apr 5, 2008
LEWISTON,ID
Don't have to be a math genius just fat fingered a 3 intead of a 4. 24' enclosed and we fit 4-163" loaded in from the front and the 155" fits in the v-nose facing towards the back. can drive them all out the back.

M

M-Slednutz

Mar 8, 2009
Highmore, SD
We can fit 5 in our 26' and we run the first one in from the front and it is backwards. the other three are facing the front and the fifth one is in backwards. Split the back two for the 5th one. Also have a buddy that has a 24' and it is tight but can fit five sleds also the same way.

S

spooled flatlander

Nov 30, 2008
Montevideo,MN
Drive 1 and 2 up to the front of the trailer, skis forward, slide the rear ends over to the walls. Drive #3 up the middle, skis under the boards of #1 and 2. Back #4 and 5 in the back door. More weight to the front of the trailer keeps it from whipping the back . Just did it with a 24" box and 5 163"s and had a couple feet to spare in the back.

RMK4life

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Like this, it seems to work pretty well for us. 2 159's, 2 155's, and a 151.

0327091922.jpg 0327091922a.jpg

Premium Features