• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Farmington, New Mexico - Riding Locations

M
Nov 29, 2007
WI/MN/WY
I may have an opportunity to move out to Farmington, New Mexico and of course the main thing that will influence my decision is how much riding I can do in that area. Can anyone tell me how far I would have to travel to get to some good riding and how long the season is around there? Thanks.

T
Nov 27, 2007
Los Alamos, NM
M-ate,

I've ridden in Colorado just north of Chama, NM. Good riding there. You aren't too far from the mountains around Durango and Wolf Creek is close by too. You'll have plenty of riding locations with lots of elevation.

Last year we had guys riding well into May. This year it looks like we'll have a shorter season though. I was up near Chama last weekend and we still had over 80" at the snotel on the pass. As we rode up we had more base than that. Go over to the riding buddies thread on this forum and introduce yourself.

M
Nov 29, 2007
WI/MN/WY
I'm glad there is a lot of opportunity for riding, this is very important! Can anyone tell me how the motorcycling and dirt biking is as well? How is the town of Farmington in general? I heard there is a bit of crime? Maybe caused by those restless natives?

Premium Features