• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Questions about 07 M1000

D
Jan 1, 2008
Rode my new 07 M1000 on sunday and loved the power, but there were a couple things i had questions about. This is my first Cat, had skidoo and polaris and got tired of them, thought the m series looked sweet and heard alot about them. Here are my questions though, when letting off the throttle it seems to nose dive under the snow and almost throw me over he bars, is there something to remedy this, the owner before was probably 250lbs and i am 180. Also the bars seem a bit loose and almost too easy to turn, when you are on a trail or going across a feild it will catch every little ridge and try to pull the bars out of your hands, saw some complaining about steering being to tight on here, mine is too loose. The only thing done to this sled is a Speedwerx what else could i do to lighten it up? I was only looking to buy an M7 but they were all junk and this was nice and price was great. Has anyone ever put in a 141 track on these? I think 153 is a bit more then i need, i ride mostly ditches and feilds, planning on going to mountains maybe once a year with it. Any help would be great

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Id try a bdx airbox it will drop 10lbs off the nose and put a can on it Im sure you can put a 141 on it but with the size of the sled I would stick with a 153 and if you have not ajusted the shocks for your rider weight Id do that also nice sled with gobbs of power enjoy :)

I
Jan 13, 2008
drill the hole in the front skid mount down 1" you can see the hole from inside the tunnel . this will give more ski lift and sell ski pressure.

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
When you let off of the gas and it feels like it will throw you over the bars, it sounds like your track may be too tight. I have ran into this problem on two sleds when I have adjusted the track too tight. If it feels really tight, relax it a bit and see if that takes care of it. I bet it will.

HMC 399

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2008
utah
Mr. backcountrylife swears by the shorter stuff, me I don't understand it. P.M. him I'm sure he'll give you the skinny on it, just don't get him started on the rainbow kick.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
stock skis are junk on the trail.i allmost got thrown off on the first ride.second ride i had simmons.fixed

B

Beavis

Dec 16, 2007
Utah
Yep. Stock ski's suck! I like the Powder Pro's. The ski designer at AC should have retired a long time ago! Him and the seat designer!

Try some new ski's and then I'd try dropping the front suspension bolts down a bit. Both work great.

Premium Features