• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need your sled washed ? Rice lake waterskip !

Duluth mn rice lake waterskip

rice lake is opening up more and more every day !
This weekend there were a few fellas out tearing it up.

The waterskip hole is decent size now so im thinking the waterskip will happen with-in the next few weekends (saturday)!!! -remember to bring your factory can just in case lol....

Hit me up for more info and i'll keep you posted.

Directions:
Rice lake rd north to rice lake dam rd.

B

big_wally81

Jan 22, 2008
duluth minnesota
the cops didn't tell us not to come back. they just made us leave at 3 and said no aftermarket exhaust, which wasn't really enforced as long as it wasn't really loud. had to have registration and NO passengers. really wasn't a big deal. they tell us the same thing every year

S
Mar 18, 2009
what killed it for this past week end at rice lake, under age drinking !, not knowing how to park ! , aftermarket exhaust ! , garbage not being cleaned up! and driving on the land which is the rice lake park ! first thing is dont drink on land ,the ice is the only legal place to drink because of it being a park, second dont drive on the grass , third clean up , and dont tell everyone its going on because everybody shows up and parks all over other peoples land, it doesnt need to become a "free for all" , also one to add ,the people watching should bring a fishing lic, and a pole, they cant kick you out of the park if your fishing !!!!! I dont think the cops are going to be very nice this next weekend , dnr was there to check tags and exhaust and reakless endangerment, but they can not stop the skipping either

Last edited:
D

decarls

Nov 26, 2007
Brainerd, Mn
sounds like the cops in your neck of the woods are real busy too, huh? what a joke.

People do have a tendancy to reck it for themsleves though, clean up a little and staying off private property goes a long way.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
i can't believe the cops let you get away with skipping. our barny fief always gave out carless tickets for skiping

D

decarls

Nov 26, 2007
Brainerd, Mn
your new guys can't be any worse then what you left.

Better/worse... who knows. It's all a real big joke. I know a couple people who outran the worst one of the bunch this winter, he a complete richard.

This does sound like a blast though, wish I could make it up there to watch and drink beer!

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
"blu du" --- fight the ticket !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kind of a funny thing. warm spring day runnin the channels and i come around a point and going to skip a big section and there is a sled sitting there so i stop. here it's the local cop from lake shore that i know farly well. he is watching about 6 sleds lined up on the other side and here they come across the water. he wrote careless tickets to all them and then he tells me to follw him. we start up the sleds and go right across the same water that he gave the people tickets for. the guys that got the tickets were still standing there when we left. crooked cops.

S
Mar 18, 2009
fight any ticket you get if you are not drinking or speeding because if you look in the dnr rule book it says that your snowmobile may be used on public lands on water, which is what we go by is there rule book, in writing, plane and simple, reckless driving ,thats driving a sled any day of the week, fight any ticket you get !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rain Man

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2002
Brainerd,MN
Fight it? How? Seeems pretty clear to me, what the officer deems.

http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/rlp/regulations/snowmobile/snowmobileregs09.pdf
It is unlawful to:
• operate your snowmobile in a careless, reckless, or heedless manner that endangers the operator, or property of another, or causes injury or damage (Intentionally driving over open water, or water skipping, may be considered careless or reckless unless done as an event under special permit.)

Much like NY State speed law, "Reasonable and prudent speed..." Leaves it open to the officer, sometimes could get away with going 60 one place, but might get a ticket for 30 another, or if officer is in a mood or you piss them off. Open water? Judge will side with the officer I would bet every time in this state.

Premium Features