• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dragon Owners check your engine mounts

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
The engine mount bolt closest to the primary clutch on my Dragon was almost an inch backed out when I looked at it last weekend. Almost lost it but got it good and snug again. Sled only has 600 miles. Just word to the wise :beer;

C

CompFusion

Dec 10, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
Some of these have been known to break letting the front mount loose. Not something you want to have happen and cost you a belt.
If you are one of the unlucky ones and it does break off the piece needs to be extracted from the hole and replaced with a new bolt. Ask around for someone that has replaced a set of front mounts in a 900 cause, guess what, the OEM front mount bolt with washer attached is a perfect replacement. Had to do just that last week lacking the "proper" replacement part. :)

G

gotvertical

Nov 26, 2007
Craig Colorado
motor mount 09 dragon

mines in the shop now the bolt broke grade 8 we are putting grade 9's in
mine broke low on the bolt

Last edited:

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
What is the size and length you are putting in? Got a part #?

I tried part # 90201A327 but Fastenal doesn't show even a cross reference #...

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
All grade 8's are not created equal... there are many factors that make a good bolt... grade 8 referes to its tensile strength..

Cut treads are weaker than rolled threads, how far up it is threaded makes a difference too.

I'm a believer in the ARP bolts... they have very tight quality standards and make stronger bolts, specifically for the motorsports industry.

The L-9 bolts are good too but IMO... prefer the ARP's.

CO2... I posted the dimensions of that bolt in the other post with a pic...

Here ya go.

90201A327L.GIF

Last edited:

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
Engine Mount Bolt, Left Front

CO 2.0:

Much thanks for the heads up on that bolt. Went out and took a peek at mine and all I saw was a hole. Bolt took a flyer. Pulled the radius rod boot and disconntected the left rod. Shot some WD 40 down the hole to let it soak, gripped the bottom of the broken bolt with some needle nose grips and was able to unscrew it. It broke down low; only had a 1/2 in. nub to extract. Going to go look for a replacement bolt(and it sure as hell won't be a Polaris bolt). Will take the advice of Mountainhorse and look for the ARP bolts.

Thanks again guys, for the info/recommendations.

z

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
All grade 8's are not created equal... there are many factors that make a good bolt... grade 8 referes to its tensile strength..

Cut treads are weaker than rolled threads, how far up it is threaded makes a difference too.

I'm a believer in the ARP bolts... they have very tight quality standards and make stronger bolts, specifically for the motorsports industry.

The L-9 bolts are good too but IMO... prefer the ARP's.

CO2... I posted the dimensions of that bolt in the other post with a pic...

Here ya go.

90201A327L.GIF

Thanks. I think I'm going with ARP. They do make top quality hardware. Actually have a set of their head bolts in my 400whp audi pushing 32psi. :beer;

Premium Features