• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new old sled hauler 76 ford crew cab

O

Outlaw

Nov 27, 2007
Jackson Hole,WY
My new old sled hauler.:)76 F 350 crew W/Turboed perkins and ford 5 speed.:cool: Any ideas on completion? I know the tires are worthless.:eek: I have already taken care of that.:D I have the new bumpers on the way. Thinking I need a six speed.:DPhoto0001.jpg

Photo0002.jpg

Photo0006.jpg

Photo0009.jpg

Photo0012.jpg

O

Outlaw

Nov 27, 2007
Jackson Hole,WY
not as much as you would think. you can look around and find them. some are good some not so good. i have been looking for a while. they range from 22000.00 to around 8500.00 depends on how much time you have to work on them.

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
not as much as you would think. you can look around and find them. some are good some not so good. i have been looking for a while. they range from 22000.00 to around 8500.00 depends on how much time you have to work on them.

I'm going to find one thats not in good shape so I can restore it. I'm working on restoring a 1978 Ford Ranger right Now and the body on it is shot, Only thing good is the motor is in good shape.

Slednoggin23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
Wyoming
outstanding!

Needs better mirrors

Bring that bad boy to the hillclimb I wanna see it. I want to do a crew cab conversion of that sort. Need more fun tickets though.

O

Outlaw

Nov 27, 2007
Jackson Hole,WY
well i could not leave well enough alone.:eek: I am know going to lift the entire 76 body off and set it on a 92 F 350 crew cab long box power train and add a 2" body lift to the 76 on that frame.:confused: Then take the 92 Dash,headliner and seats and install in the old 76.:eek: Power windows and locks if I can work out the bugs. I am still working on the door panels.:( I am actually not going to make the hill climbs this year.:face-icon-small-sad The owner is coming into town for one last visit before he sells the place and I need to be onsite.:eek: I might make the final day to watch. Good luck to all.:cool:

T

turbo nytro

Dec 14, 2008
Alberta
nice rig

Thats too bad they still didn't make them now like back then ... brought back some memories seeing the pic's , had a 78 totally redone but sadly sold it ....

Dec 3, 2007
yea, back when they built REAL trucks, not tinfoil minivans with a box on the back...

I like the way those old fords (and same era chevs) looked like with a bit of lift and some big boots. Just something about them that a newer truck with the same lift/tires cant compare to

O

Outlaw

Nov 27, 2007
Jackson Hole,WY
Thanks for all the comments.:) I am hoping to start first of next month. I am about to be slammed with the owner in town and my wife in the hospital.:eek: But I will have time to plan it all out. I have been taking lots of measurements and it is looking like it will go together fairly quick.:rolleyes: I still need to make up my mind on what truck to use.:face-icon-small-con I also may wind up with a 97 F 350 Crew cab 7.3 powerstroke that would work great in the old 76. Still do the 2 or 3" body lift and maybe a 4" suspension with 33" or 35".:cool: The Powerstroke was the first company truck that I bought and has 174000 miles on it but it is a horse. It also does not have all the hoses and wires that the 92 460 has. Any thoughts?:light:

Premium Features