• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Burandts Back Country Adventure Blog Updates!

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)
J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
we went down in december and rode w/ chris for a week it was aweomse! epic snow conditions early in the winter was the best way to start the season! were thinkin about headin back down in april if everything goes well. i'd recomend it to anyone and everyone.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I rode with him in Feb this year... TOP NOTCH operation...

The riding area was awesome, Chris's knowledge of his "domain" kept us in fresh tracks 90% of the time.

I rented a sled and got to ride the T-M8 RTR the whole time as our group was pretty big. That sled flat out rips! All of his machines were well maintained and in great running order. The Shop was great to hang out in and all the sleds were brought in every night and given the once over and dried out... there was even room for the people who brought sleds with them inside and Chris is very generous at sharing his space.

The food was top notch, filling and hit the spot breakfast and dinner with always enough to eat.... Sandy and Bev took care of that.

All the beds were super comfy and the "lodge" was always clean (Dont let Sandy or Bev catch you with your boots on in the house!!)

For my trip... my health was a bit in the bag but Chris and Sahen took good care of me and made sure I still had the time of my life.

I would recommend this experience to anyone who wants to step it up a bit and ride with a sledding "Jedi Master"

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
he has piped m8's and m1000's too.... and an m6 at least when i was then in december he did. all the sleds are the same price to rent tho so why not ride a pump gas turbo?

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
I rode with him in Feb this year... TOP NOTCH operation...

The riding area was awesome, Chris's knowledge of his "domain" kept us in fresh tracks 90% of the time.

I rented a sled and got to ride the T-M8 RTR the whole time as our group was pretty big. That sled flat out rips! All of his machines were well maintained and in great running order. The Shop was great to hang out in and all the sleds were brought in every night and given the once over and dried out... there was even room for the people who brought sleds with them inside and Chris is very generous at sharing his space.

The food was top notch, filling and hit the spot breakfast and dinner with always enough to eat.... Sandy and Bev took care of that.

All the beds were super comfy and the "lodge" was always clean (Dont let Sandy or Bev catch you with your boots on in the house!!)

For my trip... my health was a bit in the bag but Chris and Sahen took good care of me and made sure I still had the time of my life.

I would recommend this experience to anyone who wants to step it up a bit and ride with a sledding "Jedi Master"

MH...I posted your review on the blog!:beer;

T
Nov 26, 2007
coeur dalene, idaho
Burandts backcountry adventure is a fun time. I definaltyt had a blast there.
Good people, pretty good sleds. They need to come up with a little better maintance schedule, though But for the most part all top notch sleds. The steering post from artic cat need work. We broke them on just about all his sleds when i was there.

The terrain is just ok. You don't get to play on any big hill and there is no danger of avys at all. There is pros and cons to that. No one wears avy gear because he won't take you anywhere that would slide. Which means hill climbers can stay home. You will ride solid timber the whole time. It was like riding the hills here at home in north idaho. That was my biggest disappointment. I wanted to see the big stuff in colardo and you only saw abunch of timber.

The man can ride a sled. Really well.

On a side note. IF you are not going to be the only group there, make sure the other riders from the other groups are not novices, etc. You will only go as good as the lowest rider.

All in all, if you want to learn how to tree ride with the best of them, this is for you. If you want to learn how to huck and stuff, this is not the trip to take.

If i ever get a bunch of money to burn again, I would do this trip, again. I did learn that i want a pump gas turbo after this trip though.

defiantly a fun time and if you think you can ride the timber and want to know where you stand, i highly recommend this trip.

tim

J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
volume 2 teaser is on the slednecks.com website... go check it out.
on a sidenote why would you want to do wide open hill climbs anyways?

J
Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
have to agree with a few comments from above.....a trip to ride with burandt is definately an awesome experience! you will be treated very well by the staff and will definately get some amazing riding in! top notch people, a top notch operation......

interesting comment though on being paired with other groups.....i would say it's more important to get paired with another fun group than be worried about being paired with riders who are "novices". i promise you chris will make sure all riders have a blast and are challenged as long as you follow him and try the areas he takes you to. i'm way more worried about riding with good people than being (or riding with) the lowest rider in the group....

as far as the terrain goes.....colorado has it all in my opinion. this is a trip that will challenge even the best riders. dont expect chris to take your group to the community climbing hill and let you rocket up and down all day....what fun is that anyway? this is a trip that will challenge your skills in every way. tree riding is a given, but there is also just about every other kind of riding available if you want it, including big jumps if that's your thing. i personally love the fact that you get challenged like never before and dont get dumped right in the middle of avy central.....

book your trip and see what i'm talking about first hand....you wont regret it! thanks chris for a great time!

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Burandts backcountry adventure is a fun time. I definaltyt had a blast there.
Good people, pretty good sleds. They need to come up with a little better maintance schedule, though But for the most part all top notch sleds. The steering post from artic cat need work. We broke them on just about all his sleds when i was there.

The terrain is just ok. You don't get to play on any big hill and there is no danger of avys at all. There is pros and cons to that. No one wears avy gear because he won't take you anywhere that would slide. Which means hill climbers can stay home. You will ride solid timber the whole time. It was like riding the hills here at home in north idaho. That was my biggest disappointment. I wanted to see the big stuff in colardo and you only saw abunch of timber.

The man can ride a sled. Really well.

On a side note. IF you are not going to be the only group there, make sure the other riders from the other groups are not novices, etc. You will only go as good as the lowest rider.

All in all, if you want to learn how to tree ride with the best of them, this is for you. If you want to learn how to huck and stuff, this is not the trip to take.

If i ever get a bunch of money to burn again, I would do this trip, again. I did learn that i want a pump gas turbo after this trip though.

defiantly a fun time and if you think you can ride the timber and want to know where you stand, i highly recommend this trip.

tim

So how did you and Wafer rank in the trees?;)

Premium Features